Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tyre Pressure Sensor Help  (Read 1085 times)

Lee5

Tyre Pressure Sensor Help
« on: October 23, 2012, 06:04:12 PM »

I have just got a new GC WK 2006 and I keep getting a message that the spare tyre is low on pressure.

I have pumped it up as it was bit low but if it drops 3psi, even if I pump it to 40psi I still get the low pressure message come up.

Now can I remove the sensor from wheel or will it still pop up the message as its doing my head in.

Cheers
Lee

Jonny Jeep

• Forum Member
  • Guru: 11
  • Vehicle: TJ 4.0 Sport
  • Year: 1997
Re: Tyre Pressure Sensor Help
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 07:11:38 PM »

This info is from the 02 model but I assume the later model will be similar although reference pressures may differ. If you remove it, after 20 ignition ignition cycles spaced at least an hour apart, you will get tyre sensor bad/missing message to replace one you are getting for low pressure. Tyre pressure low warning should only come on below 25 psi. If the tyre pressure sensor in the spare is not reading the pressure correctly it may be bad in which case replacement may be the only way to stop the message short of removing the fuse that powers the VIC.

Bulldog67

• Arthur Daley: Graduated
  • Guru
  • Guru: -936
  • Vehicle: Man Sized Old Iron
  • Anti Colour Truck Mafia - I'm The Fuckin Daddy
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 07:17:45 PM »

different POS entirely but the Mrs espace just showed that wheel as missing when i swapped in a bog standard pressure sensor (£80 for new renault one :icon_eek: )
Bulldog's 22+ trucks: http://www.birtydastards.com/frm/index.php?topic=20288.0 :025:                                   :headbanger: 401 Dog * 401 Molotov :headbanger:  
Civilise the mind but make savage the body  :027:           Im only responsible for my karma :059:

JamesH

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 1
  • Vehicle: JK
  • Year: 2010
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 07:30:37 PM »

Low pressure is under 30psi on the WK. Can't say I've had the spare low problem and mine's flat  :icon_redface: (got to get a replacement tyre). Puzzling.
Pages: [1]   Go Up