Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ABS Light - 2000 XJ Orvis  (Read 1237 times)

originalracingsnake

ABS Light - 2000 XJ Orvis
« on: June 04, 2017, 01:21:18 PM »

Rather than continue to support Zombies, I thought I start a fresh thread!  :greggmo:

SWMBO noticed the ABS light was on. I read the OBDII codes and now realise that the reader won't show me the ABS stuff... Oh well. Did a little Gargling and found various advice, so cleaned the sensors, the connectors in the engine bay were perfectly clean so unplugged and replugged.

Thing is, I don't seem to be able to find the sensors for sale on line in the UK. Anyone know where I can get them? I'm assuming one of them has gone bad. I don't have a multimeter to check the resistance (90-120 Ohms if you wondered).

originalracingsnake

Re: ABS Light - 2000 XJ Orvis
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 11:13:15 AM »

BUMP!

The Smiths

• Forum Member
  • Guru: 1
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 12:02:30 PM »

you need buy / borrow a multimeter to find out which need replacing - or just buy all 4

then come back and say what you need - and I might have one
If you always do what you have always done You will always get what you have always got
Please give to our Mac4x4 fund: http://www.justgiving.com/The-Smiths-2015

Brynjaminjones

• "Abe Lincoln"
  • Club Member
  • Guru
  • Guru: 8
  • Vehicle: '98 XJ Cherokee 4.0 Limited, '97 ZJ Grand Cherokee 4.0 Limited, '91 Hunter Green SJ Grand Wagoneer 360
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 07:40:03 PM »

If it's like my XJ, the ABS tone rings themselves might have broken. They rust underneath and swell up, which on mine pressed the tone ring into the sensor, ruining the sensor. The ring on the other side is failing, so I filed it down to stop it contacting for now - the ABS still  works perfectly!

I had a hard time finding a sensor and got a used one on eBay which still works perfectly. RockAuto also has a selection of them: http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/jeep,1999,cherokee,4.0l+l6,1431776,brake+&+wheel+hub,abs+wheel+speed+sensor,1912
Pages: [1]   Go Up