Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestions to make Birty's forum more betterer  (Read 22929 times)

eastryjeep

(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2008, 06:10:52 PM »

Aint that kinda like a 'self licking lollipop'? We'll all be sayin 'Howdy do, etc' and the new member may not even know a post was automaticly started for them.
Don't get me wrong, I like the idea, but we need to find a way to get the new member to look at their auto-generated post to see we aren't all that bad and how welcome they are.

Tank

(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2008, 09:32:40 PM »

Quote from: "eastryjeep"
Aint that kinda like a 'self licking lollipop'? We'll all be sayin 'Howdy do, etc' and the new member may not even know a post was automaticly started for them.
Don't get me wrong, I like the idea, but we need to find a way to get the new member to look at their auto-generated post to see we aren't all that bad and how welcome they are.

Not really,and to be honest its not just for the new member,its also to introduce others to the new member and kind of breaks the ice.Whether or not the new member actually reads it or passes comment is down to them as we all have the freedom of speech thing,but i feel it might make new members feel more welcome to the club as a whole as when you first join a club you can often feel like you are not yet a part of that club when it comes to writing posts and so this way should make them more inclined to actually make a posting rather than just watching from the sidelines.Its a way of encouraging new member interaction in my opinion

Nosebolt

(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2008, 10:48:47 PM »

I've used this site a few times http://http://cjoffroad.com/CJInfo.asp dont know if we could do something like this and maybe cover a few other models?

another thing i would like to see is the club logo used a bit more if pos, maybe even a downloadable version so we gan get our own graffics made.

keeko

(No subject)
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2008, 11:53:44 PM »

A chatroom or chat box type deal woule be cool as mentioned.  :wink:

Bulldog67

• Arthur Daley: Graduated
  • Guru
  • Guru: -936
  • Vehicle: Man Sized Old Iron
  • Anti Colour Truck Mafia - I'm The Fuckin Daddy
(No subject)
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2008, 10:19:32 AM »

How about moving the 'members rides'up the top? Just me bein lazy but i keep missin posts coz i forget to scroll right down  8-)
Bulldog's 22+ trucks: http://www.birtydastards.com/frm/index.php?topic=20288.0 :025:                                   :headbanger: 401 Dog * 401 Molotov :headbanger:  
Civilise the mind but make savage the body  :027:           Im only responsible for my karma :059:

Bulldog67

• Guru
(No subject)
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2009, 11:49:10 AM »

sorry, back on the same topic but different method, sorta nicking this idea via jeepforum where they have one for just pics of the almighty and all conquering CJ, but how about a sticky of just members jeeps?

I know we have the members rides section but that takes a lot of clicking, i would like something where i can just scroll through and have a look, ideally with no comments allowed, just pics with a brief blurb on what they done. Im assuming a tec head administrator could lift the photos out of the members rides section, or we could just start afresh.

what you think Birty?
Bulldog's 22+ trucks: http://www.birtydastards.com/frm/index.php?topic=20288.0 :025:                                   :headbanger: 401 Dog * 401 Molotov :headbanger:  
Civilise the mind but make savage the body  :027:           Im only responsible for my karma :059:

Bubba

• "Cooter"
  • Marshal
  • Guru
  • Guru: 69
(No subject)
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2009, 04:00:15 PM »

you mean the album there are super pics on there go look

trucks

shedric
cletus
mr whippy

I spent most of my money on alcohol, women and old  iron........ the rest of it I just wasted.

tim_aka_tim

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 1
  • Vehicle: Honda Pilot
  • Year: 2008
  • Regional Organiser North America
(No subject)
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2009, 04:05:25 PM »

Quote from: "Bulldog67"
sorry, back on the same topic but different method, sorta nicking this idea via jeepforum where they have one for just pics of the almighty and all conquering CJ, but how about a sticky of just members jeeps?

what you think Birty?

Nothing stopping you from creating a thread either in here of members rides for that exact purpose. If you create it, I'll make it sticky. Then if the rest of the membership likes the idea, they'll add to the thread.

Bulldog67

• Guru
(No subject)
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2009, 04:28:14 PM »

Cool, cheers Tim, will start that thread when mine is back together and i can post pics, would be a bit weird to start it without a photo to post !!

tim_aka_tim

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
(No subject)
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2009, 04:37:38 PM »

Go ahead and start it anyway, then others can add to it while you work on your CJ.

Bulldog67

• Guru
(No subject)
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2009, 07:20:39 PM »

ok, sounds good, will stick it in the members ride section?

Bulldog67

• Guru
(No subject)
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2009, 09:22:30 PM »

All done Tim

Now to get slaughtered  :lol:

detroitman

sending out pms.texts etc on pub meet nights
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2009, 10:01:41 AM »

could try sending out e mails pm,s or even texts to members ,on the morning of a pub meet .jus to remind em ?
ya never know it might work . 8-)

Bishops Finger

(No subject)
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2009, 11:11:41 AM »

Jeepy send out advance warnings of meets / events...

greggmo

• Founder
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 2
(No subject)
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2009, 11:26:17 AM »

i know what ya mean but it is there to read under events or meets and get togethers.

scrw

(No subject)
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2009, 08:54:04 PM »

Clear up on the stickies & announcements in the general section, I am scrolling just to see the posts now

tim_aka_tim

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
(No subject)
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2009, 09:16:55 PM »

Never bothered me, my screen is 1680x1050  :twisted:

I see your point. Done.

scrw

(No subject)
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2009, 10:00:56 PM »

=D>  my poor laptop can only do 1024x768, can browse on my pda easier now too

Bubba

• "Cooter"
  • Marshal
  • Guru
(No subject)
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2009, 06:58:27 PM »

i hate to say it but we may be moving towards a time whare we may need to start splitting some of the tech stuff we do seem to be snowing xj zj wj tech

trucks

shedric
cletus
mr whippy

I spent most of my money on alcohol, women and old  iron........ the rest of it I just wasted.

Nosebolt

(No subject)
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2009, 07:02:50 PM »

dont think of it as splitting, more like indexing,

Bubba

• "Cooter"
  • Marshal
  • Guru
(No subject)
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2009, 07:06:44 PM »

it just seems to run against the ethos of birtys but i think it is somthing that we will need to consider

trucks

shedric
cletus
mr whippy

tim_aka_tim

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
(No subject)
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2009, 07:21:54 PM »

We can do it by giving each vehicle a new forum, eg "Grand Cherokee" "Cherokee" "CJ" "Wrangler" etc, but while that's fine for most of us, Noobs will post their liberty questions in Cherokee, cus they think they have a cherokee. We could end up with a massive list of vehicles, so we need to be careful selecting titles.

We could do sub-forums, but that requires a very large mod that would take hours to install. Going to phpbb3 would fix this.

Bubba

• "Cooter"
  • Marshal
  • Guru
(No subject)
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2009, 07:29:09 PM »

i do agree but are we going to end up with an endless hap hazard mine field as time goes on i mean i dont mind coz i know wher to find most things

trucks

shedric
cletus
mr whippy

Nosebolt

(No subject)
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2009, 07:35:10 PM »

Assuming this is an exercise to improve browsing for tech info, why not divide by landmark years, ’86 seems to be a year of major changes and then the legislative changes in 2001 so maybe have;

Upto 1986
1987 to 2000
2001 on

Others who know the marques history better could maybe suggest a different time sets, but I think it would group like type technologies and be clear for newbie’s as to where to post.

tim_aka_tim

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
(No subject)
« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2009, 07:38:29 PM »

Well I'm all for it, so lets get the ball rolling.

We need as few extra forums as possible, whilst maintaining usability, so something like

Grand Cherokee (1993 - present)
Cherokee (1984-2001 only)
Wrangler (1987 - present)
CJ (all types to 1986)
Any Jeep not above
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up