Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: '03 WJ CRD cimate control playing up  (Read 2059 times)

atari boy

'03 WJ CRD cimate control playing up
« on: June 20, 2009, 08:41:29 AM »

The climate controls on my Grand Cherokee seem to be playing up and wondered if it is a common problem.
Sometimes (not all of the time) the passenger side vents blow out hot air even when it is set as the same temperature as the driver’s side. Adjusting the temperature control does not alter the air temp, its is just hot.
Has anyone else experienced this or does anyone else have an idea what might be at fault?

Thoughts and comments would be welcome.

Bubba

• "Cooter"
  • Marshal
  • Guru
  • Guru: 69
Re: '03 WJ CRD cimate control playing up
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 10:38:41 AM »

there seems to be a theme building up here with wjs  and the climate control poroblems     sadly i cant help but i am sure somone will be along shortly

trucks

shedric
cletus
mr whippy

I spent most of my money on alcohol, women and old  iron........ the rest of it I just wasted.

Mike Pavelin

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 12:44:44 PM »

If it's stuck at the same temp all the time it's probably the usual air blend door failure. If it changes sometimes it could be a faulty door actuator motor. If it sometimes works the opposite way to the way you set the control it's probably a broken earth wire in the drivers door harness. The system does have a self diagnosis function, look on wjjeeps.com.

atari boy

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2009, 06:50:27 PM »

look on wjjeeps.com.
Wow, thank you, great site, I will read up.

atari boy

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2009, 09:21:33 AM »

Right, I have had bid of a read up in WJ Jeeps, great site.
I have a system fault code ‘53’ which is ‘Left temperature door travel too small’, which ties in with the sometimes only getting hot air out of the passenger air vents. What needs checking or replacing, is it a nasty job?

Many thanks

jgsmuzzy

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 01:37:41 PM »

Go on ebay and search for "Grand Cherokee vent kit".  I bought one.  you have to cut into the box behind the globe box, take the motor and blend doors off and replace with the rigid blend door.  This is all caused by a 1mm piece of plastic breaking, so that the computer cannot detect the position of the door.

The kit is great, and I had the job done in a little over 1/2 hour.

atari boy

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2009, 10:27:31 AM »

It is working again at the moment but I will keep an eye out for the kit on ebay, I cant find one at the me. Thanks for the advice.
Pages: [1]   Go Up