Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blown 10A Wire/Harness (Alternator to Power Distribution Centre)  (Read 1444 times)

yoby

Hi,
Had a few issues when my Alternator pulley disintegrated due to a bearing failure.  Got all that sorted only to find that the 10A Harness from the Alternator (I think?) to the fuse box next to the battery has blown/split.  Spliced it together with Gaffer tape as a temorary measure to keep me mobile, but need to replace it asap.  
I'm assuming I can get these from most motor factors, provided I know the correct rating? - I'm fairly sure it's 10A (as that's what it said on the unmelted part of the green insulating rubber) but not too sure of the voltage that passes through (does it even matter?)

Can any of you knowledgable chaps let me know what rating it is, and whether I'll be able to get one from a local parts shop ?

Cheers
Dave

tim_aka_tim

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 1
  • Vehicle: Honda Pilot
  • Year: 2008
  • Regional Organiser North America
Re: Blown 10A Wire/Harness (Alternator to Fuseboard)
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 03:07:05 PM »

What vehicle is it? What year, what model and what trim?

yoby

Re: Blown 10A Wire/Harness (Alternator to PDC)
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 03:10:49 PM »

Duh, sorry - Schoolboy oversight there...  :053:

2001 Grand Cherokee, 3.1 Turbo Diesel (Limited)

Edit - As long as I get the right diameter (Presumably it's thick so it doesn't melt), would I be able to splice in an inline 10A fuse instead? that way I could use domestic meter tail end cable - Would this work or would I end up breaking something?
Pages: [1]   Go Up