Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Big Red Slammers  (Read 891 times)

wildwood

• The 1 Tonne Kid
  • Marshal
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 14
Big Red Slammers
« on: February 08, 2010, 02:20:09 PM »

Well I finally found some on the bay.... NB spotted them too.... Strangely they were being sold by the bloke who was selling some 'kojak muds??'
Anyway bid on them at 4.00 AM Sat morning FFS... I won but I was only bidder.... could have stayed in bed... £100 and they got stainless hinges.
Just put em on..... Jeez Jeeps are different shapes aren't they the hinges were miles out on mine..... Just welded the rear of the frame to the skin cos it was flapping around and some washers on the bottom of the hinges so they don't get lost everytime I take the doors off. Just got to do some thing with the colour.....satin black for the moment but I've just seen some Aircraft green/grey on the bay thats similar to my stupidly expensive to match 'no ~Jeep don't have a code for that paint sir....'
Seems Saharas were taken off the line and painted as an extra?? thats why the vin and codes say it's Hunter Green........not :jump_125:

I was wittering on about chopping the insides and putting lexan in for windows?? Anyway these are too good to roger so they will stay intact for a while :icon_super:

And here they are.[attachment=1]

Bulldog67

• Arthur Daley: Graduated
  • Guru
  • Guru: -936
  • Vehicle: Man Sized Old Iron
  • Anti Colour Truck Mafia - I'm The Fuckin Daddy
Re: Big Red Slammers
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 02:30:53 PM »

Just welded the rear of the frame to the skin cos it was flapping around and some washers on the bottom of the hinges so they don't get lost everytime I take the doors off.

ya gone weldin mad i tell ya  :003:
Bulldog's 22+ trucks: http://www.birtydastards.com/frm/index.php?topic=20288.0 :025:                                   :headbanger: 401 Dog * 401 Molotov :headbanger:  
Civilise the mind but make savage the body  :027:           Im only responsible for my karma :059:

wildwood

• The 1 Tonne Kid
  • Marshal
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 14
Re: Big Red Slammers
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 02:33:13 PM »

The firewood in the workshop is damp and wont light ........ so a little light welding to keep warm :icon_twisted:
Pages: [1]   Go Up