Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1994 jeep cherokee 4.0l Limited  (Read 976 times)

jpskiller

1994 jeep cherokee 4.0l Limited
« on: February 15, 2011, 02:22:52 PM »

hi,

I've never had a 4x4 before and to be honest it will probably be only going off road once in a blue moon, there are a couple of issues I need advice about.

The front end is about 2 inch lower then rear, from what I have read it's probably sagging springs, what model of cherokee's springs are compatible and year range, ie will grands cherokee fit etc. or can I just use bigger spacers

Other issue is that when braking(slow or harsh) and come to stop when it rocks back to settle I can hear a clunk, could this be suspension.

any help appreciated.

tim_aka_tim

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 1
  • Vehicle: Honda Pilot
  • Year: 2008
  • Regional Organiser North America
Re: 1994 jeep cherokee 4.0l Limited
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 04:53:03 PM »

The front springs are coils, and not really subject to sagging. Chances are that someone has recently put
heavy duty springs on the rear. It will settle in time.

Maybe you could post a picture of the car from the side, and also a picture of the rear springs from the underside.

jpskiller

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 07:34:48 PM »

I think you might be right, I've just measured Gap which from what I can gather should be around 17" Stock

My Fronts from centre whell to centre wheel arch is 17" but the rears are 19.5", last owner has had car for 3 years and he dident put these on.

With the back being so high will this do any harm to front shocks/springs and road handling.

Are the rears height adjustable, or is it an easy job to replace for standard.

scrw

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 07:46:27 PM »

not adjustable as such, you can get longer shackles on the rear that will lift it a bit. Mansfield 4x4 do stock and +2" springs, they may have fitted the latter. If you are swapping them off soon let me know, on the lookout for some +2" rear springs  :icon_winkle:
Pages: [1]   Go Up