Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Roll cages, Rock bupmers, nerf bars/sliders CHEAP!!  (Read 6689 times)

ponyracer1

Roll cages, Rock bupmers, nerf bars/sliders CHEAP!!
« on: January 24, 2005, 10:08:54 PM »

I own 98 TJ that I'm fixing (wen't out through the woods upside down) I am into and have been into fabricating parts for off road vehicles for many years. I have just placed an order for a PRO 105 tubing bender from the states as well as a joint notcher and bought a 240 mig welder. I will be building bumpers, sport cages, entire cages in jeeps and related vehicles starting in the next month or so. My plan is to build something I like, using my tj as a pattern, and sell in on for a few quid on ebay. I will gladly accept pics that people have of there favorite jeep bumper, copy it and sell it through ebay or whatever you prefer.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2005, 11:11:55 PM »

Hi mate welcome to the club 8) . I am sorry but i can not help with the tj parts but i might be interested in a set of nerf bars for a 79 cj7 :D

Manda

• AKA Dangerous Doris
  • Founder
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 0
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2005, 11:24:04 PM »

Hi!

Have you got any pictures of these side bars/sliders? (I have a '97 TJ)
AKA Dangerous Doris

craig

• Founder
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 0
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2005, 11:33:47 PM »

Hi ya mate an welcome,

I too would be intrested in pics of bumpers/sliders, just in the process of pricing that sort of stuff up for my 98 tj. If you have any thoughts of making any under body protection/shields then i would definitely be interested in hearing more(saves me getting of my lazy ass and doin it myself :lol: ) :D

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2005, 12:20:02 AM »

Fuel tank skids?????????

ponyracer1

Sliders and stuff
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2005, 06:16:14 AM »

I haven't built any yet, but I have been looking at poison spyder customs work. I'm going to do up a rear stinger with tyre carrier for my jeep and I'd like to do some of there rocker protection, but I need to find someone with a hydraulic press that can bend 4mm or so steel. Check there stuff out at http://www.spydercustoms.com/index2.php
Thanks Phill

Bubba

• "Cooter"
  • Marshal
  • Guru
  • Guru: 69
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2005, 07:05:53 AM »

you need to speak to the boys at soggey bottom offroad they are making a few bits for jeeps aswell maybe you can swap ideas

trucks

shedric
cletus
mr whippy

I spent most of my money on alcohol, women and old  iron........ the rest of it I just wasted.

ponyracer1

(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2005, 09:12:55 AM »

Soggey bottom huh? Got any contact info for them?

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2005, 10:39:35 AM »

Another option is Bam Bam off darksiderz forum :shock:

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2005, 11:28:36 PM »

:partyman: First of all welcome to the club,would be great if you could make our yjj2005 event with a few of your mates, you might even be able to sell a few bits while you are there.Secondly the way interast is going on this site you won't have to sell on e-bay it looks like you could have enough order here to keep you going for a while.

You can add me to the list when you get designs for bumpers sorted out.But i own a 1983 cj7.I looking for a tubular bumper with a nudge bar built in to protect my winch and a rear to match.will look  for a few ideas and forward pics to you.

ponyracer1

(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2005, 07:46:40 PM »

How much is a custom made bumper worth to you?? At the moment I'd have to charge 200-250 pounds depending on what was involved to be able to make any money. Is this in the ball park? This would be made out of CDS tubing, the same stuff roll cages are made from. !!VERY STRONG!!

Also anyone got a supplier for metal out in the west mids? Most of this stuff is made there anyway. I'm looking for a supplier for 1 3/4, CDS, with the heaviest wall thickness available. I will travel out to pick it up, looking for 5-10 sticks at once depending on price

How do get pics uploaded??

AAhh screw it, just go to the dam site and look at some bumpers.

(I like the looks of these, what do you guys think?)

Send any pics you like to http://www.protofab4x4.com/products.htm
Pages: [1]   Go Up