Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NV247 TC oil  (Read 1028 times)

supersparks

NV247 TC oil
« on: November 12, 2011, 01:13:49 PM »

hi all i have just been to my local dealer jct 600 wakefield to get some tc oil .now i know all about the fiat buy out and that petronas are now the oil suppliers .the bloke behind the counter tried to sell me some petronas MTF which he assured me was ok for my box he wanted for a 5litre bottle with a picture of a tractor on the front £11.now i like a bargain as much as the next man but this seemed too cheap, as the tc box is  very particular about what oil it uses i left it on the shelf .my point is if this is actually the correct oil for the NV247 everyboby get your ass to the dealers before they realise they have cocked up on the price.

scrw

Re: NV247 TC oil
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 01:53:42 PM »

the 247 oil sold by Jeep was an agricultural hydrolic oil, mobil did the same spec oil but I can only find it in 50 gallon drums. My local jeep place is selling the mobil oil but gives it you in various containers as the have bought a big drum and decant it out into smaller amounts. I paid £7 a litre for mine

Mike Pavelin

Re: NV247 TC oil
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 06:32:52 PM »

We used to use Shell AgriFlid at the dealership. It's for plant and tractors with wet brakes in the axles.
Pages: [1]   Go Up