Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ZJ stereo  (Read 1277 times)

Shaggy

ZJ stereo
« on: November 21, 2012, 01:02:08 PM »

Hi Guys, does anybody know how to bypass the factory amp under the back seat? Dave very kindly mailed the factory wiring diagram & after much cursing & testing I finally managed to get power to the bloody thing both from the factory head unit & my sony head unit but still no sound from the speakers! So amp out & pulled apart & it's officially dead (god rest it's little soul) so as the amp powers the speakers how do I bypass the bloody thing? the wires are different colours from the dash to the amp so tracing them is a bloody nightmare & some are different from the diagram just to confuse matters further! has anybody found a nice simple way just to bypass it? which wires need to be joined or which plug pins need linking?
Many Thanks in advance for any advice offered!

Shaggy

Re: ZJ stereo
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 05:07:50 PM »

not to worry guys, I've sussed it!! :icon_super:

bigjeepzj

• Club Member
  • Guru
  • Guru: 22
  • lift it, brake it, Fix it brake it, fix it again
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 06:52:19 PM »

what did you do

Shaggy

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 08:46:43 PM »

power probe & multi meter, worked out which wires to splice together from the amp so it is completely out of the equation & the speakers are running from the head unit! Dave if you or anybody else wants to know which colours go together just give me a shout! Why on earth they couldn't just use the same colour wires into & then out of the amp is beyond me & why on earth aren't the speaker wires the same colour behind the dash & the doors or the amp???
I like a challenge but that had me stumped for a while this aft, but at least I have tunes again now!

bgbazz

• Guru
  • Guru: 0
  • Vehicle: Was a KJ, now a VW
  • Year: 2003
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 02:30:59 PM »

:icon_super: Result.

bigjeepzj

• Club Member
  • Guru
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2012, 03:07:48 PM »

power probe & multi meter, worked out which wires to splice together from the amp so it is completely out of the equation & the speakers are running from the head unit! Dave if you or anybody else wants to know which colours go together just give me a shout! Why on earth they couldn't just use the same colour wires into & then out of the amp is beyond me & why on earth aren't the speaker wires the same colour behind the dash & the doors or the amp???
I like a challenge but that had me stumped for a while this aft, but at least I have tunes again now!
the looms are made septate to the amps sort they need to know witch are the in amp and the out amp to the speakers
simple when you know how  :lol_hitting:

Jeepjedi

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2012, 06:00:45 PM »

There is a huge F off amp in my garage if you remember, PIMP ya ride stylee

bigjeepzj

• Club Member
  • Guru
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2012, 06:09:07 PM »

wired 1.5 Kw of amps in the back of an old 2mk passat i had included 4 bose 301s   :icon_super: and a 15" sub
Pages: [1]   Go Up