Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Oil in Turbo hose.. Cherokee 2006 2.8 CRD  (Read 825 times)

rekab69

Oil in Turbo hose.. Cherokee 2006 2.8 CRD
« on: June 02, 2013, 11:48:10 AM »

Hi Guys,

I had / have a split air intake turbo hose on our 2.8 CRD. On repairing it I have found a lot of oil inside the hose it's self and I notice it chuffing from the oil filler when I had the cap off...

Any suggestions as to why..?

Turbo oils seals...?

Cheers,

Dave..

bgbazz

• Guru
  • Guru: 0
  • Vehicle: Was a KJ, now a VW
  • Year: 2003
Re: Oil in Turbo hose.. Cherokee 2006 2.8 CRD
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 01:18:54 PM »

Sounds like you're getting some bypass from the crankcase and it pushing a bit too much oily mist out of the breather which is connected, via a small hose, to the turbo air intake. A small amount is pretty normal in both of the turbo hoses and most people fit a Provent filter/catcher which stops most of the oil getting into the big hoses..you just have to remember to empty it every so often.

I meant to add, that if you are worried about the turbo seal, pull the air intake hose off (between the airbox and the turbo) ..you will see where the small hose comes from the top of the motor...if you have the oily crap between that little hose and the turbo end, it will be as I said above. If it's clean and dry all the way down, then you need to look at the seals. My 2.5crd is the same as your 2.8 and I just keep it clean.
Pages: [1]   Go Up