Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: air con nightmare  (Read 779 times)

welshpaula

air con nightmare
« on: July 18, 2013, 12:22:24 PM »

hi guys
need to pick your brains i have a 2002 jeep cherokee ltd 3.7 v6
with all this hot weather and my a/c not working took it to  be recharged no leaks found after pressure test but compressor broke  :jpshakehead:
so after new compressor fitted ,dye and pressure tested,no leaks found  and re charged,also new blower resistor fitted shes still blowing relatively  warm air used to blow ice cold  ??
where do i go next please ive spent a fortune so far and dont want to waste any more so any pointers will be appreciated :icon_winkle:

The Transporter

• Guru
  • Guru: 1
    • http://www.hofmannheating.co.uk
Re: air con nightmare
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 03:21:17 PM »

I'd be inclined to take it back to the place that did the work and tell them to fix it... You say that the compressor was shot, the system should have been flushed out to remove any metal shavings that came from the compressor, the dryer should also have been changed, as should the expansion device (I can't remember if it has an orifice tube or an expansion valve)

My view is that the compressor died for a reason and until the reason is found, then it hasn't been fixed properly
The gas man is a bit like the grim reaper...He rarely brings good news

willo

• Guru
  • Guru: 0
  • Vehicle: CJ7
  • Year: 1982
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 03:43:27 PM »

:iagree: :popcorn:

Bubba

• "Cooter"
  • Marshal
  • Guru
  • Guru: 69
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 04:35:06 PM »

Yup take it back

trucks

shedric
cletus
mr whippy

I spent most of my money on alcohol, women and old  iron........ the rest of it I just wasted.

eastryjeep

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2013, 06:29:49 PM »

Don't give up hope yet, if they give you any uphill start muttering things like Sale of Goods Act etc and if that doesn't work just let them know that you only regard this as the start of the entertainment phase, and there is a long way to go yet before you are finished with them.
Don't let them think you are just another pushover!
Subtle questions like, can you speak to the manager, or if it was a national company, 'may I please have the CEO's secretary's email address', may work wonders.
Better yet, go down to the public library and look the company up in 'Who Owns Who' and 'Compass' and get the names you need from there.
Now, there are lots of ways to get at the top bloke, and it often seems like that's the only way forward, but it's far better to send a polite letter for the attention of his secretary, it's their job to stop disgruntled customers wasting their guvnor's time and you would be helping them do their job, so rather than dropping them in the mire help them out and reap the rewards.
The technique is called 'Turboing' I think and theres lots on the internet about it too!
Hope this helps and good luck.
If all else fails and you paid on a credit card phone 'em up and see if they'll reverse the charges. That'll get some movement on the issue!
Pages: [1]   Go Up