Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sooty Engine... where's sweep  (Read 2974 times)

Mickey

Sooty Engine... where's sweep
« on: April 18, 2006, 07:34:37 PM »

Afternoon All,

Don’t post on here much, but do lurk…

I’ve got a sick, Jealous Grand 2.7 Diesel.
I say Jealous, because I test drove one of the new Grand’s today. What a lovely Jeep, smooth ride, plenty of power, very nice, so much better that the one I’ve got.
Well my Jeep must have seen me, it’s now copped the hump.

Coming back down the M4 from Beaconsfield, I start to hear a little tick-chuff noise, a bit like a loose tappet. Pull off the M4 and Stop.
Have a quick look and all looks and sounds ok.
Get back in and drive off to a lovely meaty roar. Sounds like the exhaust is bolloxed (sorry for the technical jargon there)

Get back home, A quick look underneath and the exhaust looks ok, lift the bonnet and the left hand side of the engine as you look at it,
and around the turbo is plastered in soot, there’s also a  noise like a compressor letting air-by.

Got back under the pain in the ass, rocked the exhaust it seems tight to the turbo, big clip like thing holding it in place,
this comes down to a big cylinder thing (diesel cat ?) that’s seems loose, you can move it about in it’s tin surround,
not much but it does move about 4 to 5 mm. Is this normal ? any idea’s.
thought I might add, no drop in power so don’t think the Turbo is Fooked (getting technical again) but what do I know.

I like the Exhaust Roar, but the soot covering everything under the bonnet is a no, no.

Thanks in advance if you’ve any good idea’s
Mick

Mike Pavelin

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2006, 08:18:14 PM »

It's usually that big clip. Pull it off and you'll probably find a bit has broken off.

Ric Jacques

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 06:29:19 AM »

Right here!!!!!

Mickey

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 11:28:13 AM »

Thanks for the reply's

Should be out there today having a look, but have just woken up with the hangover from hell   :roll:  feel like i want to     :vom:

I think I'll leave messing with the jeep until Friday, my next day off.
All I need to do now is chant "I will not go for a drink thursday night, no matter who call's me, I will not go for a drink thursday night ....."  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up