Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Camber adjustment on my CJ  (Read 4590 times)

horobi

Camber adjustment on my CJ
« on: May 18, 2005, 10:32:32 AM »

Hi Britys!

Can anyone out there tell me how to adjust the camber on my CJ7? It seems to be running just a little too much positive camber and the front tyres are wearing quite noticably on the outside (although I have done a lot of road miles). Annoyingly (or not) it's road manners are very respectable (don't need manners off road!) making me think that if it aint broke don't fix it.....but it's that tyre wear.....hmmm.....

Thanks in advance for any advice!!!

:-k

Bubba

• "Cooter"
  • Marshal
  • Guru
  • Guru: 69
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2005, 09:36:48 PM »

not adjustable mate more like a tracking problem you sould rotate the tyres every 6months or so as a matter of course

trucks

shedric
cletus
mr whippy

I spent most of my money on alcohol, women and old  iron........ the rest of it I just wasted.

horobi

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2005, 10:24:22 AM »

Cheers Bubba

I didn't think I could see any way of adjusting them.....I'll have to have a look at the tracking adjustment this weekend....as I say it actually behaves very well on the road so maybe I should just rotate and be  happy!

:D

Bubba

• "Cooter"
  • Marshal
  • Guru
  • Guru: 69
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2005, 09:27:19 PM »

you could always try bending ya axel by jumping a river dukes of hazzzzzzzzard style that would alter the castor

trucks

shedric
cletus
mr whippy

I spent most of my money on alcohol, women and old  iron........ the rest of it I just wasted.

Tank

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2005, 10:01:16 PM »

Naw Bubba,that sort of behaviour is restricted to Suzuki drivers........just ask Greggmo about that time at Aston Cantlow :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

horobi

(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2005, 09:11:29 AM »

...jumpin' over a river...now there's a thought to cheer me up on a wet Monday morning!!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up