Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ideas ????  (Read 5329 times)

Anonymous

Ideas ????
« on: July 04, 2005, 10:54:15 AM »

Any ideas on fitting waffle boards while keeping the back seat and the tyre on the back???? I thought about a modified tyre carrier and have them slide out to the side, not a lot of good if you're in a gully, but better than not having them at all if you plan it out :)

Also, has anyone just removed their rear bumper completely and left the crossmember? how strong it it and what's the risk of bashing it? (at the moment I don't think I would as I am still "Careful" (or a wuss if you prefer:) ) obviously I need to move the spare up a distance but with the waffle idea I would do that anyhow.

Just picking at ideas.... It's mi BD soon and I need to give the girly some ideas that cost less than a winch :)

Cheers

EE

Bubba

• "Cooter"
  • Marshal
  • Guru
  • Guru: 69
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2005, 11:03:02 AM »

if you have a hard top on all the time on the roof they aint heavy there my waffel boards bumper your rear corners will be vulnerable to damage replace gay factory bumper whith somthin more manly

trucks

shedric
cletus
mr whippy

I spent most of my money on alcohol, women and old  iron........ the rest of it I just wasted.

Manda

• AKA Dangerous Doris
  • Founder
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 0
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2005, 11:10:30 AM »

:wink:
AKA Dangerous Doris

Bubba

• "Cooter"
  • Marshal
  • Guru
  • Guru: 69
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2005, 11:22:50 AM »

i hacked mine out of a length of 4inch channel and it was the only thing that didnt bend in the crash its plenty strong think greg gets his waffels inside the jeep

trucks

shedric
cletus
mr whippy

I spent most of my money on alcohol, women and old  iron........ the rest of it I just wasted.

Mike Pavelin

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2005, 12:04:56 PM »

How do you stop the mud and crap sticking to the maple syrup?

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2005, 12:12:22 PM »

Hopefully I have a chap making me a "Snug" bumper for the rear already Will make sure he covers the back corners properly :)

I have the soft top on at the moment, so on the roof is not an option at the moment. Going to go out and measure the width of the jeep shortly as most seem about 1.33m long. may need to cut them down and have them across the back inside the window for now. for £30 I think I can afford to buy a new set is I move them outside later. Make them nice and snug between the rear cage and can then lash them in place with some velcro straps.

Now, about this winch..... oops, no.. not a winch, I don't need a winch.. :)

Just been out an measured and it's ~1.1m between the rollcage at the back might just have room to keep them a bit longer (or one of them at least)

okay, budget looks around £150 for the girly. (Only coz her BD is the day before and she wants some watch that costs that much   :shock:

So, out of the following....
1" body lift? - Not needed yet, but if I go for a 4.5" lift later it'll be needed for 33's (With the SYE, Regear and Arbs)
Waffles and TOR subscription + 4x4 Subscription + bits (Chocolate :) )
something else....

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2005, 12:19:26 PM »

Just got my 4x4 subscription for: £1 for next 3 issues & then £8.64 each quarter - IPC Media 08456 76 77 78

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2005, 12:45:51 PM »

Cheers for that one... sounds a good start to me...

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2005, 01:40:11 PM »

DR Mike

Try potato waffles the syrup sticks to them better so the mud doesn't get a look in :wink:

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2005, 01:54:06 PM »

This months TOR has a flyer inside for subscription with discount....£8.49 for the first 6 issues......... :lol:

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2005, 01:58:57 PM »

Of course were not actually helping Ed out as he is trying to spend her money not save it - nice Jeep on Ebay finishing in 30mins, only £3500 - oops self advertising, that's what I was slung of J?!P.Org for  :lol:

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2005, 02:01:33 PM »

Ya won't be slung out of here mate

Abused :wink:

But not slung out 8)

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2005, 02:04:26 PM »

Thanks mate, all I wanna be is a proper Dastard  :roll:

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2005, 03:08:18 PM »

Same Number, Quote code 26M and you get 3 free issues, and only £15.54 / 6 months :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up