Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CJ7 tub – Clanger dropped.  (Read 587 times)

eastryjeep

CJ7 tub – Clanger dropped.
« on: July 12, 2011, 01:22:05 PM »

I got carried away and find myself in the mire, so now needing some Birty assistance please.
I stupidly cut the rusty old cowl and screen support off my tub before measuring the assembled height, so now need a reference dimension for the side of the vehicle before reassembly or the doors and hardtop will never fit properly again.
I did the removal in surgical manner so that I still have the original vertical side stiffeners to position the cowl from front to rear but the replacement cowl just doesn’t sit level.
Don't know if the tub height of the CJ7 changed through the years but for what it's worth mine's a '77.
So, can a few kind souls please measure the side of their CJ tubs from just below the frame surround rubber to the bottom edge of the side panel below the Jeep logo and post a reply for me?
Please reply in known units like inches or millimetres and as accurate as you like, but cubits, pork pies or bits of string I just don’t do!
I’ve already braced myself for the baft dastard comments but doubt there is anything you lot can say that I haven’t already thought of!
Anyway,
Thanks in advance,
Nick.

Nosebolt

Re: CJ7 tub – Clanger dropped.
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 01:30:47 PM »

got a cj and tape measure to hand but not sure what you want measured?

these are measured from the out side bottom edge of body work

[attachment=3]
[attachment=4]

Tank

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 02:22:52 PM »

Mines an `80 and i measure 73cm from bottom of tub below logo to where the bottom of the windscreen surround is,where it meets the body

eastryjeep

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 04:42:23 PM »

Cheers guys, 73 cms it is then.
Pages: [1]   Go Up