Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Event plans for 2013  (Read 11191 times)

gazjeep

• Marshal
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 9
  • Vehicle: TJ - Der Panzer - CBR
Event plans for 2013
« on: January 26, 2013, 12:24:11 PM »

OK, here goes. I am posting up in brief what was discussed at the mods meet we had last weekend with regard to planned events this year. It is important to note that you cant please all of the people all of the time & as Birty's is traditionally Midlands based with most of the mods & certainly the founders, it is also a national forum.

As you may have gathered, Most of the event organising in recent years has been done by Greg, MOCAJ ran the Clyro event last year & Nosebolt has organised the break outs which have been more southerly based.

This year, Greg wants to take more of a hands off approach & spend time on other commitments & Nosebolt has other commitments for most of this year.

Essentially, as last year, the plan is to run 4 Birty's events, Cheapfest in September & the Turkey hunt in December are set in stone. That leaves the breakout in March / April & the early summer event in May / June.

Bearing in mind we have a good group of folks from both north & south of Brum its always going to be difficult to please everyone. Clyro although central is still a treck for most & in view of the fact that we can only have half of what is there to offroad on, we plan to give it a break this year.

We are looking at Holymoorside for the first event, hopefully details will beforthcomming over the next few days.
We are looking at Wagtail for the early summer event but contact details are prooving elusive.

With both of these sites, the cost to hire them is reasonable, pay per truck being the best however, there are many other sites but they aint cheap & the club  
cannot afford to not break even. Remebering that Birty's is not in this for profit in anyway these events cant be run at a loss.

I know its been a bit frustrating not being able to tell folks whats been organised this year but please bear with us.

If some one has a plan for either of the 2 events then please dont be shy, there is no problem at all in folks organising stuff or making approaches to site owners if there is enough interest then we can make it a proper event.
This year is going to be a bit of a learning curve for a few of us newer mods as a couple of the experienced doers are not available but so long as an event is viable I/we dont see a problem.

Over to you guys

Gaz  :icon_jook:

Taking ya girl to heaven & back

Cockney Boy

Re: Event plans for 2013
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 01:17:13 PM »

I'd like to do West Harptree again

Ezz

• Club Member
  • Guru
  • Guru: 2
  • Vehicle: TJ
  • Year: 1997
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 02:11:58 PM »

KORC
2009 JK Rubicon now sold
1997 TJ wrangler 4.0, jk rubicon 5.38 geared  axles, 38.5 mud treps,  101" wheelbase

Dave The Sparky

• Club Member
  • Guru
  • Guru: 4
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 02:25:42 PM »

Korc do there own camping weekends and you are best off just turning up to that, if there is a Birty corner then fair enough but there is no way Birtys can muster up enough people to pay for Korc, without the Landy/Suzuki etc lot being there as well.

Same goes for the Jeepey Jamboree at Tong, it would be nice to see a few more Birtys there even though its not a Birty event but at least thats Jeeps only and normally a good bash.

Hollymoorside sounds good, pick a warm weekend if you can though please  :003:

3.0TD (proper fuel) Toyota powered CJ6, 1981 4.2L "Montana" blue CJ8,1982 "Cack" Brown CJ8 slowly getting a Chevy V6 and a lot of welding...

Shaggy

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 02:31:24 PM »

I know it's up north for a lot of you but frickley 4x4 is a good site.

Dave The Sparky

• Club Member
  • Guru
  • Guru: 4
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2013, 02:38:54 PM »

Ive heard terrible reports about Frickley, something to do with mud like grinding paste and you will need to change every seal on your car after going. But ive never been either so cant confirm  :icon_rolleyes:
3.0TD (proper fuel) Toyota powered CJ6, 1981 4.2L "Montana" blue CJ8,1982 "Cack" Brown CJ8 slowly getting a Chevy V6 and a lot of welding...

Ezz

• Club Member
  • Guru
  • Guru: 2
  • Vehicle: TJ
  • Year: 1997
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2013, 02:52:45 PM »

I've been to frickley and the MUDs the same as anywhere else, it all as slight grinding paste qualities...
2009 JK Rubicon now sold
1997 TJ wrangler 4.0, jk rubicon 5.38 geared  axles, 38.5 mud treps,  101" wheelbase

Cockney Boy

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2013, 03:36:19 PM »

How about this place mear Warwick, its local not too far for members North or South? Ill be happy to organise something

http://www.future4x4.co.uk/
Avon Dassett Quarry is just off the M40 and is accessible from either Junction 11 or Junction 12

gazjeep

• Marshal
  • Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2013, 03:57:20 PM »

Find out some details Rich, off the top of my head;

Is the site only available on those dates
Is there a minimum number of trucks for a Birty's only do
Whats site like, newby friendly / extreme etc
What facilities, loo's, camping the night before
Jet wash
Do we have to use our own PLI or will theirs cover it
do they provide marshalls etc
No doubt you can think of more

:icon_super:

Cockney Boy

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2013, 04:47:08 PM »

Will call the guy Monday and find out :)

robsrotti

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2013, 05:03:47 PM »

Rich, I think you would need a snorkel on that site for sure.

Shaggy

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2013, 05:10:55 PM »

I went to watch a winch event there & from what I saw it was more of a trailer queen site, was very very good, just not sure how un-extreme it gets?

Cockney Boy

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2013, 05:29:16 PM »

Rich, I think you would need a snorkel on that site for sure.

Good job I've got one then :) remember Bagshot lol

gazjeep

• Marshal
  • Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2013, 05:36:39 PM »

Good feedback chaps. This is the sort of thing folks who organise an event need to know, if its turns out its only for trailer queens then its probably not suitable but dont take that as a critiscism, please keep the idea's comming guys.

Like I said Holymoorside is being looked into I beleive, maybe would could do West Harptree again. Need a bit of something for everyone for a Birty's do because of the range of people who usually attend.

:icon_jook:

JamesH

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 1
  • Vehicle: JK
  • Year: 2010
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2013, 06:13:02 PM »

For those of us looking into stuff is there a moderator group email address or other preferred way we can get in touch if we have some mundane questions that are a bit dull for the forum or just stuff about getting payments and other stuff sorted?

I've been to the Avon Dassett site a few years ago with JeepClub and had a good time, plenty of shinys and less modified Jeeps had a fun drive around.

Shaggy

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2013, 06:56:38 PM »

How about Yarwell Nr Peterborough or Mow Cop at Congleton?

Bulldog67

• Arthur Daley: Graduated
  • Guru
  • Guru: -936
  • Vehicle: Man Sized Old Iron
  • Anti Colour Truck Mafia - I'm The Fuckin Daddy
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2013, 06:59:12 PM »

Walters Arena? Lord Tim was fair effervescent about it's allure
Bulldog's 22+ trucks: http://www.birtydastards.com/frm/index.php?topic=20288.0 :025:                                   :headbanger: 401 Dog * 401 Molotov :headbanger:  
Civilise the mind but make savage the body  :027:           Im only responsible for my karma :059:

wildwood

• The 1 Tonne Kid
  • Marshal
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 14
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2013, 07:11:23 PM »

Yarwell is 20 miles from me and a good place.....Tis used by green oval stuff during Peterborough Landy 4x4 show
That and Tixover also same distance are good...... Details just google LROAC events....hit diary. Events every month.
I've been but without me Birty mates I get bored quickly...

So whose gonna join me...... I can go .....trailer queen and all so come on y'all come to Deliverance County

robsrotti

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2013, 07:34:16 PM »

Me, I will be coming but I,m not squealling like no bloody pig  :jpshakehead:

Eclipsed4ever

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2013, 07:51:38 PM »

It's ashame we're not doing Clyro, thats only 5 miles from me :(

Dutch

• The Curator
  • Club Member
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 12
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2013, 09:04:59 PM »

Yarwell

Faaaaaark, you lot dont want the savern poofters anywhere near your playground do ya !!!

Jeepless :-( 2006 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster 3.2 V6 - 1993 Yamaha FJ1200

willo

• Guru
  • Guru: 0
  • Vehicle: CJ7
  • Year: 1982
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2013, 09:14:44 PM »

I got a few heads up on sites in the gloucester area which woud suit you and me both dutch :003:

robsrotti

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2013, 09:56:02 PM »

I got a few heads up on sites in the gloucester area which woud suit you and me both dutch :003:
Will they be organised through you or J33P. That is not far from me

The Smiths

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2013, 11:38:27 PM »

pm sent
If you always do what you have always done You will always get what you have always got
Please give to our Mac4x4 fund: http://www.justgiving.com/The-Smiths-2015

JamesH

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
  • Vehicle: JK
  • Year: 2010
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2013, 09:53:13 AM »

Yarwell is 20 miles from me and a good place.....Tis used by green oval stuff during Peterborough Landy 4x4 show
That and Tixover also same distance are good...... Details just google LROAC events....hit diary. Events every month.
I've been but without me Birty mates I get bored quickly...

So whose gonna join me...... I can go .....trailer queen and all so come on y'all come to Deliverance County

These are near to me too o I'll get to one as soon as the Jeep is on wheels again. Any signs of banjo playing kids and I'm gone though  :icon_eek:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up