Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pub Meet - Hampshire / Surrey  (Read 5848 times)

AdrianW

Pub Meet - Hampshire / Surrey
« on: June 07, 2006, 08:55:13 AM »

I've posted this on JeepClub and J33P - any Birtys interested - let me know.

Hope I'm going about this the right way!

There appear to be a few Pub Meets set up, but there isn't one local to me!

A friend of mine who some of you have met (Jonno) has just opened a pub in Ropley, Hants (between Winchester and Alton on the A31).

If we wanted to hold a meet there, he'd be more than happy to see us and will do everything he can to make us welcome. Pub has a good size Beer Garden with play equipment for kids, and is nice, bright and shiny inside following the refurb. At this moment in time, I'm afraid they are not doing food in the evenings (pub has only been open a week and they're gauging trade), although I am sure I could talk him into laying on some sandwiches cheaply if required. Car Park is big enough for plenty of Jeeps, and if it turned out there were enough of us, the outside bar could be opened up specifically for us.

Would anyone be interested in meeting up here for a look at each others Jeeps and a bit of a chat? If I suggest Wednesday 21st June as a Meet date, let me know through this post if you want to come along, how many you'd have in your party and if you want me to find out about food. Alternatively if there is a day / date which would suit people better, post it on here.

Thanks

Adrian

alcoholicmaggot

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 03:24:41 PM »

sounds good to me but it would have to be a saturday for me to make it as i'm stuck looking after the lttle bitchy during the weekdays

AdrianW

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 08:52:11 AM »

AM

I'm going to be up there this Saturday for the football, Jeep will be there at some point, but SWMBO is driving me up and then collecting me - she can't stand football. I've got things on for the next few Saturdays after that, but if you can put Sat 8th July in your diary, we'll go for that and get as many together as possible.

Cheers

Adrian

scarlett

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 01:48:46 PM »

excellent - I know I am new and am still on hunt for my Jeep but I presume you wont laugh at me if I aint got one by then and turn up in an Audi....?

might pop up for a while once a date is decided....

AdrianW

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2006, 02:07:31 PM »

Hi folks

Not posted for a while and will have to check whether can make the pub this Saturday. Had an accident on a pushbike (don't ask) and have fractured collar bone in four places - off work for last three weeks (no PC at home), not driving for another four and will have to speak nicely to her ladyship to check she's happy to drive up there, as she's had to drive everywhere.

Will try to put up a post tomorrow, with a time if we're going up there - what would suit you better (AM / scarlett) - lunchtime or evening?
Pages: [1]   Go Up