Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: P0700 - can low tyre pressures cause it???  (Read 1290 times)

ChrisS

• Guru
  • Guru: 0
P0700 - can low tyre pressures cause it???
« on: January 10, 2019, 12:13:48 PM »

Hi folks,

Very long time no post....still have the WK, still do barely 500 miles a year in it....really should get around to selling it, but it's just so handy to have round the place. Just wish it wasn't so expensive to tax & insure.

Anyhoo....it was sat for a few weeks unused then we decided scare it with a drive to the shops. It was one of the cooler days of late (-4) and mainly due to me keeping it on a charger these days as it tends to sit for weeks on end, it fired up perfectly fine, but immediately started complaining about low tyre pressures. All 4 were low, mid to high 20s PSI. Set off anyway, then it threw a MIL.

Have since pumped up the tyres and just read the code - P0700 which is of course somewhat generic and could be all manner of things. Cleared it and it hasn't yet returned so I'll keep an eye, but to the point (eventually...)

Has anyone seen a case where V low tyre pressures will make the TCM throw a code?

TFL

ChrisS

• Guru
  • Guru: 0
Re: P0700 - can low tyre pressures cause it???
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 11:24:24 AM »

Quick update. After clearing the code the other day, had a run out in it today and all good, MIL has stayed off, all normal. Can only guess it didn’t like having the wheels at effectively different diameters, although I didn’t get an ABS warning?
Pages: [1]   Go Up