Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Replacement diff for Grand Cherokee WK please?  (Read 1274 times)

rbm109

• Forum Member
  • Guru: 0
  • Vehicle: Grand Cherokee 3.0 CRD WK
  • Year: 2005
Replacement diff for Grand Cherokee WK please?
« on: February 09, 2019, 12:47:17 PM »

Hello folks!

I've got a 2005 Grand Cherokee 3.0CRD (WK). Luckily for it I like it a lot otherwise I might not have put up with it this long.

It's started rumbling in proportion to road speed. My guess was the front diff and this has been backed up by the garage finding metal bits in the dirty front diff oil. Oh dear.

So I'm now looking for a reconditioned diff and hoped you good people might be able to help. Are there any companies in the UK that do these units; either the internal gubbins or whole axle?

Are there different diffs on different cars? Experience of other faults would say yes and if so, hwo do I tell what I need?

And as a final supplementary question, if the diff collapses completely and I stranded or will it soldier on with only rear wheel drive?

Cheers!
Robert.

Dutch

• The Curator
  • Club Member
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 12
Re: Replacement diff for Grand Cherokee WK please?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2019, 05:13:51 PM »

Hi Rob,

Here ya go:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2005-2010-Jeep-Grand-Cherokee-3-0crd-Front-Diff/303025466892?hash=item468db9ae0c:g:DeAAAOSwTQtZ5hfK:rk:3:pf:0

How many miles has yours done?

I have heard about removing front drive shafts to keep older models going in 2WD. not sure if that works with the WK. At least never heard of it.

And welcome.

Jeepless :-( 2006 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster 3.2 V6 - 1993 Yamaha FJ1200

JamesH

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 1
  • Vehicle: JK
  • Year: 2010
Re: Replacement diff for Grand Cherokee WK please?
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2019, 02:09:25 PM »

There are a few people that could rebuilt the diff for you. I’d guess at about £500 in parts and labour. At least you know what you are getting then unlike buying second hand parts.
Pages: [1]   Go Up