Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Cherokee XJ Crew cab  (Read 54176 times)

Green Jeep

Re: Cherokee XJ Crew cab
« Reply #100 on: August 31, 2010, 10:23:13 AM »

Not a huge fan of Olive Drab, but in your case, it covers the battle scars nicely

The paint we use is marine saltwater undercoat, it's very tough, easy to get a good thick coat on as it dries real quick, black is the only other colour suitable, green goes well with the lanes and looks less aggresive. Olive green is now the colour of our club, shirts etc, we now refer to it as gnarly green as there are a few shades of it (Nato darker).

It has made the crew cab smarter... to the point that a neighbour asked if I was selling it... haha.... think it would need a little more than a coat of paint eh....

Bulldog67

• Arthur Daley: Graduated
  • Guru
  • Guru: -936
  • Vehicle: Man Sized Old Iron
  • Anti Colour Truck Mafia - I'm The Fuckin Daddy
« Reply #101 on: August 31, 2010, 10:31:35 AM »

see u lot, ya all behind the times, GJ is using sea paint, im usin swimmin pool paint, its the future i tell ya  :umn:
Bulldog's 22+ trucks: http://www.birtydastards.com/frm/index.php?topic=20288.0 :025:                                   :headbanger: 401 Dog * 401 Molotov :headbanger:  
Civilise the mind but make savage the body  :027:           Im only responsible for my karma :059:

Panic mechanic!

« Reply #102 on: August 31, 2010, 12:45:36 PM »

you'll be tiling your sj next krusty.....

Green Jeep

« Reply #103 on: September 05, 2010, 09:38:44 AM »

see u lot, ya all behind the times, GJ is using sea paint, im usin swimmin pool paint, its the future i tell ya  :umn:

yeah tough paint is the way forward, shrugs off most things...

This lane broke the drop glass whilst in the door, put all these dents on, but the paint wasn't broken through, happy days...

Bulldog67

• Guru
« Reply #104 on: September 07, 2010, 11:46:35 AM »

u got as link for this paint Maf? my googlin skills must be detiorating coz i cant find it  :017:
Bulldog's 22+ trucks: http://www.birtydastards.com/frm/index.php?topic=20288.0 :025:                                   :headbanger: 401 Dog * 401 Molotov :headbanger:  
Civilise the mind but make savage the body  :027:           Im only responsible for my karma :059:

Green Jeep

« Reply #105 on: September 09, 2010, 07:35:23 PM »

u got as link for this paint Maf? my googlin skills must be detiorating coz i cant find it  :017:

The brand name is Teamac, their website is here... http://www.teamac.co.uk/ it really is good stuff, hope you can find a supplier near you, if not our guy may be able to post you a litre, any more help needed, just ask...

Cheers Maf

Bulldog67

• Guru
« Reply #106 on: September 09, 2010, 08:07:20 PM »

shame, got someone fairly near but the marine undercoat doesnt come in black, guess i will have to keep on with the rubberised swimming pool paint and bouncing off stuff  :003:

Green Jeep

« Reply #107 on: September 10, 2010, 07:40:40 PM »

shame, got someone fairly near but the marine undercoat doesnt come in black, guess i will have to keep on with the rubberised swimming pool paint and bouncing off stuff  :003:

I'm sure it does come in black, Matt black.... I'll ask for you....

Bulldog67

• Guru
« Reply #108 on: September 10, 2010, 09:03:53 PM »

Cheers GJ, I have a J10 to roller matt black so marine undercoat would b a good start

Green Jeep

« Reply #109 on: September 11, 2010, 05:38:49 PM »

Did some running repairs, bearing failed on serpentine belt guide pulley, prob water from a recent deep mucky lane finished it off... Replacement pulley and bearing £20+.... got just the bearing for £4.60, after some thought sussed it and fitted it... put bearing in freezer and pulley wheel (plastic) in boiling water, bit of lube and squeezed it together, also fitted new massive belt, £11 from local factors, and also fitted a K&N.... check out stock air filter, what the hell happened there.....

Also tested swampers for clearance as might be running the Cherokee for punch hunts..

Duff one

Putting new one in...

Jacked right up and seems ok...

WTF...

Dave69

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 15
  • Vehicle: CJ-7 4.2 auto
  • Year: 1979
« Reply #110 on: September 12, 2010, 08:30:21 AM »

what you done to that ?
XJ 2.5 diesel - dead. XJ 4.0 6" lift - sold to some lucky person
CJ7 4.2 auto standard(ish)
Alfa 147 jtdm

Green Jeep

« Reply #111 on: September 12, 2010, 09:48:45 AM »

what you done to that ?

It's a mystery, opened the air box and found that... can only think it got wet in a deep muddy lane and engine tried to suck it and it changed shape... have fitted cone type K&N now, sat up higher so hopefully avoid getting wet....

Green Jeep

« Reply #112 on: September 14, 2010, 07:27:25 PM »

it will be interesting when you tell the insurance your mod, some 17 yr old will be scratching their heads for hours over that.

Insurance no prob, declared all mods and at the end through in "it's a two door pick up now" and that's exactly what it say on the certificate, haha...

Green Jeep

« Reply #113 on: October 11, 2010, 08:48:45 PM »

Fitted 34" swampers and bead lockers, for punch hunts, won non winched class, awesome at 5psi, loved sticky stuff...

j33pky

« Reply #114 on: October 11, 2010, 09:41:06 PM »

well done, motor looks ace..

Green Jeep

« Reply #115 on: October 13, 2010, 04:38:29 PM »

well done, motor looks ace..

Thanks, performs very well, 1st place in non winched, happy days...

Green Jeep

« Reply #116 on: October 19, 2010, 09:00:19 PM »

Sadly Green Cherokee is now dead, gearbox picked up some dirt and reverse clutch failed... it owes me £175 and I don't want to throw money at it, it will weigh in at £150 and I've already sold £100 worth of parts...

Now have new Cherokee.... Usual drill, Auto, leather, cruise all the stuff we need for rancho realxo laning... also has multi point LPG, proper 3" lift from Llama with adjustable rear shackles... very pleased with it, work started all ready preparing it for gnarly lanes. Want to do more lanes away from our area hence the desire to get a LPG one and multi gives much better performance.

Have taken off external wheel carrier and bumper, tube type from old Cherokee fitted along with better air filter and throttle swirl body, lots to do, happy days...

Long term will pick up it, keeping four doors this time.... something like this, but maybe the tyres wont be as big  :icon_rolleyes: and certainly not bright red  :icon_biggrin:

Bishops Finger

« Reply #117 on: October 23, 2010, 11:19:35 PM »

Thats red

Mick O

• Mickosaurus
  • Founder
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 0
« Reply #118 on: October 24, 2010, 12:39:17 PM »

Yeh, but its feckin cool :icon_super:

:greggmo:
I'm not a complete idiot.......................some bits are missing

AKA Jurassic O

Green Jeep

« Reply #119 on: October 24, 2010, 06:38:35 PM »

Yeah it will be much better in gnarly green!  :icon_winkle:

Work started on Blue Cherokee, lost a load of crap at the back, arches off, side repeaters tucked away, mirrors made removeable, strong rear bumber.... OH and of course a GNARLY LANERS sticker both ends....

Just the springs holds them on so easy to remove before laning....

Starting to look a bit more redneck....

grayspeed

« Reply #120 on: October 24, 2010, 08:08:18 PM »

Looking more purposeful now Maf!

isle of man

• بعض العضو التناسلي النسوي...
  • Club Member
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 6
  • Vehicle: G-Class AKA “The G spot”
  • Take the road less travelled...
    • http://www.4x4.im
« Reply #121 on: October 24, 2010, 08:14:41 PM »

What!!! No washing on the line???
"Not all those who wander are lost"

Green Jeep

« Reply #122 on: October 25, 2010, 07:49:22 AM »

What!!! No washing on the line???

I know it's crazy, she'd done it all earlier in the day, don't worry I'm sure they'll be more there today....  :icon_winkle:

Gray, cheers, should squeeze through a few more tight ones now eh.... and it's making it better for punch hunts.... just a grinder away and the swampers will fit....  :icon_sad: :icon_biggrin: :icon_super:

Green Jeep

« Reply #123 on: November 22, 2010, 10:35:34 PM »

Chopped arches out, fitted swampers, Grayspeed and I marched on to get first in our class and put a lot of people with winches (inc double) winches to shame....

time for rancho tea...

Mates Cherokee....

Bulldog67

• Guru
« Reply #124 on: November 23, 2010, 07:51:13 PM »

that wont buff out ya know
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up