Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Just for Bubba the longest Scrambler rebuild in history(unless bulldog buys one)  (Read 19207 times)

Dave The Sparky

• Club Member
  • Guru
  • Guru: 4

Here we go Bubba finallly got the tub off its only taken me 5 months so far!!!

Remember the 28th Feb 2010 Kev :010: :010: :010:

Its new home in a cave West Yorkshire

stripped down to the bare bones again

As expected chassis all looks sound Kevin but you didnt tell me about the massive hand made fuel tank thats attached to it, must be 20 gallon or more perhaps i will need it :icon_eek:

Just need to strip whats left on the chassis and get it off to be shot blasted and galvanised and then the rebuild can start properly  :steeringwheel:

please notice the torque converter restraining device in the photo!! :icon_biggrin:
3.0TD (proper fuel) Toyota powered CJ6, 1981 4.2L "Montana" blue CJ8,1982 "Cack" Brown CJ8 slowly getting a Chevy V6 and a lot of welding...

Bubba

• "Cooter"
  • Marshal
  • Guru
  • Guru: 69

it was all tank man i thought it was just a cover

hows it all lookin dave

trucks

shedric
cletus
mr whippy

I spent most of my money on alcohol, women and old  iron........ the rest of it I just wasted.

Bulldog67

• Arthur Daley: Graduated
  • Guru
  • Guru: -936
  • Vehicle: Man Sized Old Iron
  • Anti Colour Truck Mafia - I'm The Fuckin Daddy

looks v complicated  :icon_eek:

Im just gonna be buyin a ready made off the shelf CJ8 jobby i reckon, im worn out doin other stuff  :015:

But dood, keep the build photos goin  :icon_super:
Bulldog's 22+ trucks: http://www.birtydastards.com/frm/index.php?topic=20288.0 :025:                                   :headbanger: 401 Dog * 401 Molotov :headbanger:  
Civilise the mind but make savage the body  :027:           Im only responsible for my karma :059:

Dave The Sparky

• Club Member
  • Guru

looks v complicated  :icon_eek:

nothing complicated about pulling something to bits Bulldog its putting the thing back together thats hard :jpshakehead:

Its all looking not too bad at the moment Kev i also thought the fuel tank had a big skid plate on it untill i looked properly and found out it was one massive fuel tank.

Chassis looks to be sound although im going to have to put a couple of holes in the back cross member or remove it all together to get all the years of rust and crap out of the chassis rails plus the zinc will need to get out somewhere as well i suppose :icon_biggrin:

Tub is rotten in a few places extra than you knew about but its all mendable and i havent found anything too serious as yet,presuming she must of been looked after quite well by a previous owner or owners.

Also need to sort out the chassis at the front where someone has cut a slot out to presumably get at the steering box mounting nut thats in the chassis although that part on that side looks like its had a repair at some point in the past as well so dont know whats gone on there anyway!

The next parts of this build are going to involve parting with some money actually thinking about it all parts of a rebuild involve parting with money so the local seal and bearing suppliers and Lighthouse Jeep are going to do ok out of me for a while :icon_rolleyes:

3.0TD (proper fuel) Toyota powered CJ6, 1981 4.2L "Montana" blue CJ8,1982 "Cack" Brown CJ8 slowly getting a Chevy V6 and a lot of welding...

Bubba

• "Cooter"
  • Marshal
  • Guru

i think the slot was so a new box could be fitted

trucks

shedric
cletus
mr whippy

I spent most of my money on alcohol, women and old  iron........ the rest of it I just wasted.

Dave The Sparky

• Club Member
  • Guru

Some more photos sorry about the poor quality need some better lighting anyone know a decent sparky???

The worlds largest cj fuel tank, its not handmade although it still looks like it is but i have found a sticker saying Trailblazer inc gas tank division on it so must of been bought in from the States at some point I dont know if the brackets have been welded on by someone to make it fit or if they were always on the tank but it is very poor quality so will be going to the scrappers i think.

The body tub looks rusty in places but most should save.

Looks like its had a bump to the back offside corner as there is this repair and the chassis looks to have a bit of twist in it from the fuel tank back

Back crossmember thought it might be a rusty mess as it had a load of stainless strapped to it but its actually in very good condition just surface rust.

Stainless stuff that Bubba left strapped to the cj, looks like a proper US jobbie of some sort was installed with all stainless UNC bolts even the 5/8s bolts holding the tow ball are stainless, imagine it must be worth a fair bit in scrap but i think ill put it back on as towing brackets are always handy for recovery purposes and for stopping people "rear ending" you.
Isle of man i await a smutty remark

j33pky

its a shame you didn't get a pic of the 8 next to the mighty bronco!
the only time you will get rearended by Mr isle of man is if he gets you to bend over and pic his wallet up at cheepfest (sounds like it could take a bit off lifting!) you can always scream "is that Seline Dion over there" and when he lossens his grip run for it.

Dave The Sparky

• Club Member
  • Guru

You mean this mighty bronco "on tow" nice wheels by the way  :icon_biggrin:

isle of man

• بعض العضو التناسلي النسوي...
  • Club Member
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 6
  • Vehicle: G-Class AKA “The G spot”
  • Take the road less travelled...
    • http://www.4x4.im

I'm in good company!!!
"Not all those who wander are lost"

Bulldog67

• Guru

cool, that let u tow a bronco round coranation street  :greggmo:
Bulldog's 22+ trucks: http://www.birtydastards.com/frm/index.php?topic=20288.0 :025:                                   :headbanger: 401 Dog * 401 Molotov :headbanger:  
Civilise the mind but make savage the body  :027:           Im only responsible for my karma :059:

isle of man

• Club Member
  • Forum Member

Is that on route to Canal Street????

Bulldog67

• Guru

is that c surplus to requirements?

isle of man

• Club Member
  • Forum Member

Dunno??? Do tell me more....

Bulldog67

• Guru

dunno mate  :017:  was just tryin to decode the strange workings of your mind  :003:

isle of man

• Club Member
  • Forum Member

dunno mate  :017:  was just tryin to decode the strange workings of your mind  :003:

Mucho Porto has been consumed - this is step #1.

Bulldog67

• Guru

im even more confused, I thort tuesday was ya sesson night

Dave The Sparky

• Club Member
  • Guru

Oh dear, think you need a quick history lesson on architecture Bulldog you have obviously never ventured further North than Dartford:

Manchester side of Pennines(Coronation Street side or the left hand side to you)= red brick buildings and mad Mancunians.

Yorkshire side of Pennines(the right hand side)= stone built buildings (as in next to Bronco) and proper folk.

London area(the south)=ramshackle housing built on a swamp by dodgy cockney geezers,immigrants and Southern poofters  :greggmo: :icon_biggrin:

Bulldog67

• Guru

I just saw summink small and boxy covered in coal dust and made the wrong assumptions  :003:

however, red for mancs and yellow for yorkies, think i can remember that

means i learnt 2 things today  :icon_super:

j33pky

what a good looking bronco!!

isle of man

• Club Member
  • Forum Member

Do you ride it bare back????

Dave The Sparky

• Club Member
  • Guru

I think you will find it "was" a good looking bronco Mr J33pky

Bubba

• "Cooter"
  • Marshal
  • Guru

whats he gonna do with that

trucks

shedric
cletus
mr whippy

Bishops Finger

Drive to Manc land and ram raid the Rovers? :hysterical:

Dave The Sparky

• Club Member
  • Guru

That wont happen hed never be able to afford the fuel to get to the border never mind Manchester itself :098:

big g

Tis indeed.

What yr and what's it running??

Back arches look in good order-better than mine anyhows.
Think I'll clag some $hitwackers over them to tidy it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up