Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Just for Bubba the longest Scrambler rebuild in history(unless bulldog buys one)  (Read 19203 times)

Bulldog67

• Arthur Daley: Graduated
  • Guru
  • Guru: -936
  • Vehicle: Man Sized Old Iron
  • Anti Colour Truck Mafia - I'm The Fuckin Daddy

my mums cat came from rod hull's cat, and i went and picked it up, but didnt see an 8 anywhere
Bulldog's 22+ trucks: http://www.birtydastards.com/frm/index.php?topic=20288.0 :025:                                   :headbanger: 401 Dog * 401 Molotov :headbanger:  
Civilise the mind but make savage the body  :027:           Im only responsible for my karma :059:

Bubba

• "Cooter"
  • Marshal
  • Guru
  • Guru: 69

yeah he was tryin to see if he could see it from his house roof

trucks

shedric
cletus
mr whippy

I spent most of my money on alcohol, women and old  iron........ the rest of it I just wasted.

j33pky

nasty

Dave The Sparky

• Club Member
  • Guru
  • Guru: 4

Probably Rod, Jane and Freddy of Rainbow fame.

Bubba was the one that you thought was a man in a bear suit but it was just him with no clothes on  Blues

Rainbow - Bungle's High and Mighty Day - Part Two
3.0TD (proper fuel) Toyota powered CJ6, 1981 4.2L "Montana" blue CJ8,1982 "Cack" Brown CJ8 slowly getting a Chevy V6 and a lot of welding...

Dave The Sparky

• Club Member
  • Guru

Well its taken 10 months and a bit of welding but shes finally made it to the zinc bath, just need my parcel of bits from the states and in another 10 months i might actually have a rolling chassis :greggmo:

3.0TD (proper fuel) Toyota powered CJ6, 1981 4.2L "Montana" blue CJ8,1982 "Cack" Brown CJ8 slowly getting a Chevy V6 and a lot of welding...

Bulldog67

• Guru

talk to me about zinc bath, what does that do?
Bulldog's 22+ trucks: http://www.birtydastards.com/frm/index.php?topic=20288.0 :025:                                   :headbanger: 401 Dog * 401 Molotov :headbanger:  
Civilise the mind but make savage the body  :027:           Im only responsible for my karma :059:

Bubba

• "Cooter"
  • Marshal
  • Guru

nice one dave good for many years of fun now

trucks

shedric
cletus
mr whippy

I spent most of my money on alcohol, women and old  iron........ the rest of it I just wasted.

Dave The Sparky

• Club Member
  • Guru

MOCAJ

• Club Member
  • Forum Member

it kind of relaxes the frame, gives it a chance to rest and recuperate and look shiny too  :icon_winkle:

you are such a muppet  :greggmo:
short term jeep owner since 2005, every truck is a never ending project. Birtys, the best club in Jeepland

Bulldog67

• Guru

Dave The Sparky

• Club Member
  • Guru

It wont be shiny for long its going to get painted black with that gate paint that is favoured by the wrought iron people and sticks like crazy to galv, the inside can stay shiny though!.

Incidentally Bubba the chassis was rotten in two places,one was most of the outriggers where the water had collected under the body mounts and the other place was at the back where the second cross member in at the back (would be the bumper on a cj7) goes into the chassis. At that point the cross member must act as a bit of a water/mud trap just in front of the rear shackle mount, it might be worth a tap with the old hammer to check yours out as mine was rotten on one side and starting to go on the other side :icon_winkle:

Bubba

• "Cooter"
  • Marshal
  • Guru

good info dave will check mine  maybe flood it with oill from time to time

trucks

shedric
cletus
mr whippy

Dave The Sparky

• Club Member
  • Guru

circled the troublesome area was just the underside

Bubba

• "Cooter"
  • Marshal
  • Guru

good man dave

trucks

shedric
cletus
mr whippy

Dave The Sparky

• Club Member
  • Guru

Different cave, same lighting... BUT shes a rolling chassis again  :king:

Dave The Sparky

• Club Member
  • Guru

Now then just how much timing chain stretch can i get away with on a 258 engine?

Bulldog67

• Guru

a rolling chassis  :icon_eek:

never did i think i would see the day  :003:

j33pky

i believe that is within tolerances Dave!  if your not sure ask v8 skanker what he thinks? also while we are on have you ever had the feeling you have been fisted? and did he manage to retrieve his watch after he had finished? also where is Mr isle of man"KY"

Bulldog67

• Guru

Now then just how much timing chain stretch can i get away with on a 258 engine?

that will teach u to go openin stuff

Dave The Sparky

• Club Member
  • Guru

Im glad i did, the old 4.2 is desperately in need of a rebuild or is it time for another Toyota Diesel just to annoy you Jeep purists  :wave-fingersmiely:

Bulldog67

• Guru

dont be such a ghay
an amc V8 is the way
ditch the diesel yota
it aint ever a jeep motor

and that my son is poetry, innit  :003:

Dave The Sparky

• Club Member
  • Guru

Ill leave the V8s to you Bulldog you have them all anyway  :icon_winkle:

4.2 is what she is and will be again after quite a bit of machining and an order from the States at vast expense  :010:

Bulldog67

• Guru

not got them all now  :010:

handed over a 401 this mornin  :010:

nice fella tho so it aint all bad, and he may be adding an 8 to his Bulldog Emporium shoppin list as well  :greggmo:

Bubba

• "Cooter"
  • Marshal
  • Guru

hmm interesting stuff sparKY engine had a full topend rebuild so the guy it came from reckoned inc a new old stock carb at alegedly  huge expense this was the engine that was in my orange scrambler when first bought

trucks

shedric
cletus
mr whippy

Nosebolt

lateral play on a 4.2 timing chain from set up is 7/8" if that helps
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up