Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Just for Bubba the longest Scrambler rebuild in history(unless bulldog buys one)  (Read 19349 times)

Dave The Sparky

• Club Member
  • Guru
  • Guru: 4

Thanks Nosebolt but i think that timing chain has more like 1" 7/8s nothing a new one wont sort out.

hmm interesting stuff sparKY engine had a full topend rebuild so the guy it came from reckoned inc a new old stock carb at alegedly  huge expense this was the engine that was in my orange scrambler when first bought

Shame he didnt rebuild the bottom end at the same time then  :icon_biggrin:
And does this mean that southern poofter has got old blues good engine in the orange one then :die:
3.0TD (proper fuel) Toyota powered CJ6, 1981 4.2L "Montana" blue CJ8,1982 "Cack" Brown CJ8 slowly getting a Chevy V6 and a lot of welding...

Bubba

• "Cooter"
  • Marshal
  • Guru
  • Guru: 69

no the blue engine was well shot and went to james h years ago as a core for a stroker  the engine you have as i say was in the orange jeep when bought and ran really well as suprising as that may sound looking at the chain panic can confirm this as he came to collect it with me from mertha tydvill
so when you bought blue i told you it had a lot of cash spent i was relaying the info i had been given and as i say it drove very well but i changed it for my own rebuilt engine when the tranny seal went

trucks

shedric
cletus
mr whippy

I spent most of my money on alcohol, women and old  iron........ the rest of it I just wasted.

Panic mechanic!

yup I can confirm it ran really well,as bubba said

Bulldog67

• Arthur Daley: Graduated
  • Guru
  • Guru: -936
  • Vehicle: Man Sized Old Iron
  • Anti Colour Truck Mafia - I'm The Fuckin Daddy

Time to man up and bite the sexy bullet Sparky:

time to do it
Bulldog's 22+ trucks: http://www.birtydastards.com/frm/index.php?topic=20288.0 :025:                                   :headbanger: 401 Dog * 401 Molotov :headbanger:  
Civilise the mind but make savage the body  :027:           Im only responsible for my karma :059:

dieselj20

should have a  :icon_super:th 400 on the back

Bulldog67

• Guru

perhaps i shud man up then, how much of a squeeze will it be in a CJ ? :003:
Bulldog's 22+ trucks: http://www.birtydastards.com/frm/index.php?topic=20288.0 :025:                                   :headbanger: 401 Dog * 401 Molotov :headbanger:  
Civilise the mind but make savage the body  :027:           Im only responsible for my karma :059:

j33pky

where the hells the chat box????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Bulldog67

• Guru

it was decided that if any ghay fellas were doing random googles searches your chat box chatter would lead them here and we would be awash with them wantin to discuss your love of ky etc :003:

Dave The Sparky

• Club Member
  • Guru

Time for the bi yearly update

Engine rebuilt painted all shiny and sat in chassis with the shiny rocker cover courtesy of Micko
soon to be on axle stands because those offside tyres will belong to Maf very soon :icon_biggrin:

3.0TD (proper fuel) Toyota powered CJ6, 1981 4.2L "Montana" blue CJ8,1982 "Cack" Brown CJ8 slowly getting a Chevy V6 and a lot of welding...

Bulldog67

• Guru

ahhh bless, those engine look so dinky and cute when all exposed like that  :003:

good work Dave, there may still be two 8's at CF yet  :greggmo:

Dave The Sparky

• Club Member
  • Guru

good work Dave, there may still be two 8's at CF yet  :greggmo:

Depends which CF 2014?

Dave The Sparky

• Club Member
  • Guru

Biyearly update time:

How to remove paint the easy way

Looks like its been filled before  :icon_eek:

Its actually a lot worse than this photo shows its gonna cost a fair bit in panels to do it right :010:

Bulldog67

• Guru

are ya goin for a show winning pony?

Dave The Sparky

• Club Member
  • Guru

no it wont be concourse, but i do want it to look original and like i have made an effort  :greggmo:

Maybe a nice truck cab would finish it off  :003:

Bulldog67

• Guru

gold dust mate, gold dust I tell ya  :003:

j33pky

Its no dodge ram...or j20 for that mater......and peter henry is a cross dressing oompalumpa faggot.

Dave The Sparky

• Club Member
  • Guru

someone in Toledo must of liked using the spot welder, it took me 2 hours to drill out 34 spot welds that held the reinforcing for the bulkhead today so we can properly mend the rusty hole that has developed where the accelerator mounts  :jpshakehead:

Bulldog67

• Guru

will  be minty tho Dave

Dave The Sparky

• Club Member
  • Guru

The Toledo spot weld kid strikes again :jpshakehead:

I like the way that the bolt has corroded down to about M8 but only where the captive nut is :greggmo:

isle of man

• بعض العضو التناسلي النسوي...
  • Club Member
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 6
  • Vehicle: G-Class AKA “The G spot”
  • Take the road less travelled...
    • http://www.4x4.im

Man-a-live you have a glass back!!!
"Not all those who wander are lost"

Dave The Sparky

• Club Member
  • Guru

yep its fitted to the diesel cj6 but the snorkel wins for noisiness  :greggmo:

Dave The Sparky

• Club Member
  • Guru

Got me some new floor to go in :icon_biggrin:

Bulldog67

• Guru

sticky back plastic?

Dave The Sparky

• Club Member
  • Guru

The Scrambler tub gets spit roasted  :icon_eek:

bit blurry but you get the idea

Bulldog67

• Guru

I need a garage that big  :icon_eek:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up