Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: heater matrix on xj ,  (Read 1084 times)

karlos09

heater matrix on xj ,
« on: December 24, 2010, 12:30:30 PM »

hi guys been offered 1999 cherokee for £400 pound but heater matrix is leaking ,is there an easy way of changeing it with out taking the dah out ,eg. going through glove box or anything ,iv not had a good look yet as iv not got the car ,iv seen the car and it is in mint condtion,cheers karl

isle of man

• بعض العضو التناسلي النسوي...
  • Club Member
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 6
  • Vehicle: G-Class AKA “The G spot”
  • Take the road less travelled...
    • http://www.4x4.im
Re: heater matrix on xj ,
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 12:38:05 PM »

Cunt of a job and takes a day and a half I believe.

"Not all those who wander are lost"

Mike Pavelin

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2010, 01:09:02 PM »

Full dash out, A/C discarge/recharge etc. That's why it's £400.

eastryjeep

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2010, 01:29:17 PM »

:iagree:

Nice entertaining job that you wouldn't wish on your worst enemy!
Bonded windscreen makes life worse as seem to remember some screws right up front with next to no access, could always remove the screen and get Autoglass to refit later.
Have you checked how much a replacement matrix is gonna set you back, what are the wheels and tyres like, how long till MOT and tax, etc!
Why not clamp off the feed and return pipes to the heater, take it for a burn and see if you still think it's worth the agro, if not you can probably pick one up for about £1500 without getting too grubby at all.

Happy hunting.

karlos09

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2010, 03:55:45 PM »

:iagree:

Nice entertaining job that you wouldn't wish on your worst enemy!
Bonded windscreen makes life worse as seem to remember some screws right up front with next to no access, could always remove the screen and get Autoglass to refit later.
Have you checked how much a replacement matrix is gonna set you back, what are the wheels and tyres like, how long till MOT and tax, etc!
Why not clamp off the feed and return pipes to the heater, take it for a burn and see if you still think it's worth the agro, if not you can probably pick one up for about £1500 without getting too grubby at all.

Happy hunting.
               hi ,there no mot or tax on it ,but thought it was cheap ,dont really want it for every day use was just going to do it up for next year with the bad weather we have been gettin ,so not planning to chuck loads of money at it ,its a mater of haveing it there if needed ,what do you think cheers karl

The Smiths

• Forum Member
  • Guru: 1
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2010, 06:59:04 PM »

Buy it at £400 and get some thermals :icon_biggrin:

Or put the time in and but=y a new matrix for abou £80/90 2nd hand are around £40 - but I would not fit one due to the work (but have sold them at that - infavct I normally sell the full heater box - because just splittin the is a rear pain on its own)
If you always do what you have always done You will always get what you have always got
Please give to our Mac4x4 fund: http://www.justgiving.com/The-Smiths-2015

Dave69

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 15
  • Vehicle: CJ-7 4.2 auto
  • Year: 1979
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2010, 08:43:51 PM »

£400 for a 1999 xj, if the heater is the only problem i'd buy it if i had that cash spare.
XJ 2.5 diesel - dead. XJ 4.0 6" lift - sold to some lucky person
CJ7 4.2 auto standard(ish)
Alfa 147 jtdm

Warthog

• Bla, bla, bla....
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 0
  • Proper Job!
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2010, 08:59:21 PM »

Asylum and I, done a matrix on a 2.5TD....It was a complete arse of a job :011:

This is what you will be potentially looking at :hysterical:

Bubba

• "Cooter"
  • Marshal
  • Guru
  • Guru: 69
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2010, 10:34:59 PM »

mine is curantly flowing backwards cos the hose is still froze and its slowly getting better

trucks

shedric
cletus
mr whippy

I spent most of my money on alcohol, women and old  iron........ the rest of it I just wasted.

eastryjeep

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2010, 05:48:37 PM »

Ah, buggrit.... Buy the thing, those photos from Warthog & Asylum are better than a Haynes manual anyday, the job will probably only take an afternoon now!    :hysterical:

Depending on how bad the leak is you could always put Bars Leaks or curry powder in it and run it till the fun wears off or the weather changes!

And if you can get a ticket on it at minimal cost you'll be straight into profit too.

Or to put it another way, I'd buy it if I wasn't so skint I can't pay attention!
Pages: [1]   Go Up