Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Extended front brake lines  (Read 972 times)

gordy

Extended front brake lines
« on: March 22, 2011, 05:36:01 PM »

I'm running a 4" Rugged Ridge lift w/disconnects in my 98 TJ.  Under full flex the front brake lines are not long enough and look like they won't take too much stretching.  What do you guys w/lift on your TJ run on the front with regards to the brake lines? stock rubber ones or braided, I'm thinking about getting these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200585447734&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT but read that folk use stock YJ rubber lines as these are 3" longer.  Any recommendations of UK suppliers appreciated and if anyone can supply me the YJ part number I'll check w/dealer for price.

scrw

Re: Extended front brake lines
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 06:59:05 PM »

Have a word with Dave at Llama 4x4, he stocks brake lines

wildwood

• The 1 Tonne Kid
  • Marshal
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 14
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 07:32:20 PM »

As a temp move you can be cheap. Move the hard line bracket to the lower part of the chassis and bend the hard line to suit..... should give ya 4inches...........they're always doing it in JP mag................... don't mean its kosher or right but works for our septic friends :icon_twisted:

JamesH

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 1
  • Vehicle: JK
  • Year: 2010
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 07:56:04 PM »

I run Rubicon Express braided lines from FTE but now Llama is on the scene and can do custom length ones I'd probably go that route.

Jonny Jeep

• Forum Member
  • Guru: 11
  • Vehicle: TJ 4.0 Sport
  • Year: 1997
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 09:35:31 PM »

I'm using YJ lines, bent the hard lines a bit too for better clearance. They were stock clearance ones from the US for about $7 each plus postage.

Jeep part numbers are right side 52008776, left side 52008777. Dealers are probably £25-30+ for each one (I'm guessing) so Lighthouse Jeep might be cheaper, Phone: 01953 681 237.

gordy

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 05:55:13 PM »

Thanks guys, called Lighthouse, they have the YJ's in stock, called LLama and figure I'm gonna go with them, the RE 3.5" lift comes (should I say came)with a pair of 20" braided lines so figure a pair of Llama's @ 21" long should do the trick, PS David @ Llama is very helpful, customer service like that is hard to find these days.

williecba

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2011, 01:45:21 AM »

I'd second that regarding David @ Llama. I got my pucks and shocks lift kit from him and then one day he told me he could do custom lines for my WJ so I got front and rear from him.
Pages: [1]   Go Up