Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cherokee 4l r reg  (Read 888 times)

goldflinger

cherokee 4l r reg
« on: August 21, 2011, 07:33:30 PM »

hi peebs
i have a few questions for jeep gurus .... that might help me from throwing spanners round the garden  ...... firstly my battery has been drained a couple of times , i read that plucking out the 10 amp fuse helps
?..what does this fuse support ?
could i by pass the interior lighting in an easy way ?..before i start chopping the wiring up :) maybe there's an easy solution to having the interior light up like a Christmas tree every time i open the bloody door   if i need lights i should have a switch to give me the option if there aint one im putting one in ( or ten )..... ;)  also the radio is a pain in the rear the wrong code went in and i have to wait two hours? to regain the type in mode ? does that mean i have to have the battery (ign) on for two hours on the trot ? as each time i turn on the ign i keep getting the message which means i have to drive to Birmingham before i can listen to the radio / cd  :steeringwheel: as i ave to save up for the insurance at the mo so it aint going off the drive for the next month :icon_sad:
aalso what are the boxes in the overhaed console for, why would i want an upside down box  :017: or two ?
and whats the paddle switch for behide the indicator shaft ? 
excuse me if i sound a bit dumb wont ya ...thats jus because im a bit dumb :)

so could some kind harted person please point me in the right direction for a llink to the right wiring diagram for my year  so i might have a look at what i can do   cheers boys

Nosebolt

Re: cherokee 4l r reg
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 07:49:58 PM »

can help with some, the overhead boxes are for garage remote (it's a yank thing) and glasses according to the handbook. as for the radio yes it has to be 2 hrs continuous but you don't need engine running

Dave69

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 15
  • Vehicle: CJ-7 4.2 auto
  • Year: 1979
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 08:44:47 PM »

the interior lights work on a time delay and go off after a preset period. if that is a problem just pull out the bulbs as the interior lights fuse does affect some other systems (cant remember which).
 the level behind the indicator shaft is for the steering colum tilt adjustment
fit a normal radio that doesn't need a code, they're cheap enough off the bay.

wiring diagram the haynes manual should be basic enough for the lighting circuits
XJ 2.5 diesel - dead. XJ 4.0 6" lift - sold to some lucky person
CJ7 4.2 auto standard(ish)
Alfa 147 jtdm

goldflinger

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 08:58:20 PM »

cheers NB / dave69
its a yank thing alright :) ..... glasses ? wtf.... ha although i love the compass that's one thing ill take my hat off to the yanks for ..the road signs in this country are virtually useless i cant count the amount of times i wanted a compass in the car (although i have two in the house) but i suppose ill sat nav it now ... i drove it for the first time (around the garden and up the ally) today as its sorn at the mo ...i cant wait to take it out for a run :) would love to go to the lakes ,my brother works in silverdale so its a good excuse for a trip ..not ot bothered about the radio thing it take its time and i have the right code
i was hoping there may be a w diagram online ? is there no ref on this site ?
also what the best thing for cleaning up the alloys as they are a little oxidised and id like to strip the paint off and repaint them (after a polish) so any suggestions in that area would be nice too ... ciao f now

Jonny Jeep

• Forum Member
  • Guru: 11
  • Vehicle: TJ 4.0 Sport
  • Year: 1997
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 10:18:16 PM »

Online versions of the FSMs can be found here...

http://www.jeep4x4center.com/knowledge-base/index.htm#service

goldflinger

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 09:20:53 PM »

cheers johnny
lots of info there eh ... thanks a lot just what i need, gonna scour that site for hours ...well a few minutes ha ha ...   Well i spent a few hours in the garden today pulling bits off the jeep ..mainly the bumpers cos they were scratched a bit so I've decided to spray em black,  been cleaning the wheels too as they were and still are covered in oxide, there quite a bit of work but gonna look nice so it'll be worth it
I've been cursing the hell out of it all afternoon god knows why I've bought an overpowered pile of junk that's gonna cost me an arm an a leg .. not to mention the knuckle rash ..and i locked the bloody keys in it too ..ha ha   good job my mate is a locksmith ... good omen methinks time to get another key cut  .... why do the designers put all the nuts in the most inaccessible places ... i cant work out how to get the bloody grill off yet ..im gonna have to get back to the net every time i undo a nut  doh!

Tank

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2011, 11:48:12 PM »

Welcome to the joys of owning a Jeep...... :lol_hitting: :lol_hitting:

I have had 2 models now with the wait thing before entering a code on the radio,never been able to figure it and get one working,so just do without or put in a normal one is the answer i reckon

jay140285

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2011, 01:17:37 PM »

Just get the battery charged, then leave the ignition of so all the dash lights up and leave it for a couple of hrs.

Had to do it to my mothers Z3 when that had a flat battery.
Pages: [1]   Go Up