Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sway bars - which one??  (Read 3551 times)

robsrotti

Re: Sway bars - which one??
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2012, 08:16:45 PM »

I have a spare anti rollbar if you want one

cheese_aholic

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2012, 08:28:26 PM »

Thanks Rob (you're a bit closer than Willo so may be calling you in the near future!!)

cheese_aholic

« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2012, 06:34:34 PM »

Do you still have this available Rob, and if so how much fluff would you like for it? (tried to PM you but wont send message for some reason...)

cheese_aholic

« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2012, 07:53:18 PM »

Well, the combined engineering arm of Caterpillar UK couldn't free my ORO sway lock bars, even with a 5 tonne press on the job!!!
So...
Willo has sorted me a repaired OEM sway bar - just after some discos if anyone has some going that would fit... (scrw - do you still have some - if so do you know which ones they are exactly...?)

cheese_aholic

« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2012, 11:24:11 PM »

Typical! The same day that my Willow supplied sway bar turns up (thanks chap!) my mate proudly announces he's sorted my ORO ones out!
So...
Having read horror stories about the reliability / design / cust service (first hand experience and it is shit) of ORO I have modified it into a single rate sway bar; essentially when its disconnected there's no direct link between the front wheels so should be OK for off road and no danger of the small torsion bar shearing when 'disconnected' for off road use  (which is what seems to happen...)
When connected I've got good on road manners... (well, the truck has...!)
Only small bummer is my compressor has stopped working again; seems the spare motor is faulty! Had to wait 6 weeks for the bloody thing in the first place so back to Devon 4x4 on Monday...
Good day all in all - just thought I'd share....
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up