Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 98 ZJ 2.5TD lifters and pushrods.  (Read 741 times)

FunkyZebra

98 ZJ 2.5TD lifters and pushrods.
« on: January 20, 2013, 07:30:06 PM »

Hey all, been away for a while, back now and have my head under the bonnet of my beloved deiseasel AGAIN!!

For the second time now, somehow, I've managed to bend my pushrods, unlike the last time (only bent one) I've managed to bend ALL of them to an 'S' shape!! So, head off, new lifters, new rods, gaskets etc.
First thought was perhaps lifters, however these seem to be fine, second was possible stretched or slipped timing chain, however the timing seems to be on point...... any other ideas as to why these would bend?

Basically was travelling down motorway, stepped on the gas to overtake and just had complete loss of power, engine died and that was that.......

Also, do I need to prime the new lifters or soak overnight or just pop them in and crack on, and is there a specific way round to fit them - not sure if the hole in the side of them needs to be in any particular direction or not, as when they came out they were all mixed up (not sure if that could be the cause of the bending).

A good mechanic I know suggested that it could be due to oil starvation to the lifters. Would this not show damage to the respective lifter should this be the case?

Any input or suggestions welcome.

Regards
Funks

Bulldog67

• Arthur Daley: Graduated
  • Guru
  • Guru: -936
  • Vehicle: Man Sized Old Iron
  • Anti Colour Truck Mafia - I'm The Fuckin Daddy
Re: 98 ZJ 2.5TD lifters and pushrods.
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 08:34:46 PM »

good to see ya funky  :greggmo:

I been v rude and not dropped you a line bout a pre-xmas deal, was very fantastic :icon_super:

and ya buddy was a top fella

If ya get another load then drop me a line please dood
Bulldog's 22+ trucks: http://www.birtydastards.com/frm/index.php?topic=20288.0 :025:                                   :headbanger: 401 Dog * 401 Molotov :headbanger:  
Civilise the mind but make savage the body  :027:           Im only responsible for my karma :059:

FunkyZebra

Re: 98 ZJ 2.5TD lifters and pushrods.
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 02:12:15 PM »

No worries Bro :) all good. Glad to have been able to help out, not sure I'll be able to get any more as i don't work there anymore, I will keep my eye out for more and let you know.
However that doesn't stop me bruddy pushrods bending!! :hysterical:
Pages: [1]   Go Up