Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: XJ SPY PICS  (Read 5034 times)

chrisjones

• Forum Member
  • Guru: 4
  • Vehicle: Dogface
  • Sometimes I wonder....
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2006, 11:27:29 PM »

If you're going to do a tyre carrier like the one in the pic.  I'd be tempted to run a tube from the pivot upright round the wheel arch and tie it into the rock slider.

XJ's are real vunerable on the rear corners (ask people with rear light guards if they've ripped one off.............you'd be suprised how many have).  If that carrer takes an impact from the front, It'll be off.

I'd take a look at the lower control arm brackets on the chassis too.  They look like they could do with some bracing behind them. :lol:
God was my copilot but we crashed in the mountains and I had to eat him.

ponyracer1

(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2006, 06:13:38 AM »

yea chris thats an idea that I've been kicking around. I'm going to stick some rusty's flares on her so I'll have to see what it will entale once there mounted.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2006, 10:23:47 AM »

Okay, my €2 worth.... :)

Apart from sticking out a long way at the front, which, I guess is cured by fitting f'off tyre sizes.... I think it looks okay.... Must admit it does look a little flimsy, but I put that down to the camera.... And it is individual, 'specially for over here....

Did you think about mounting the lights and grill into it and moving it back "into" the body a little?

Oh, and if it was for UK use, I'd have suggested "Brush" guards for the side of the front lights too :) With a "Limb Cable" mount as well.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up