Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zj adjustable rear track bar  (Read 2296 times)

ZJ_CREEP

• Forum Member
  • Guru: 0
  • Vehicle: Grand cherokee zj
  • Year: 1996
Zj adjustable rear track bar
« on: February 14, 2022, 03:03:58 PM »

Anyone know if a whiteline adjustable rear track bar for a wrangler RHD Tj will fit a grand cherokee RHD zj. Most bars advertised in the states list them for xj zj and tj but they are all LHD. I have a JKS bar for the ZJ, purchased on the understanding that it would fit RHD but it doesn't. The whiteline website states their RHD TJ bar doesn't fit the ZJ but these site compatibility functions are not always accurate. Any other suggestions are welcome

JamesH

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 1
  • Vehicle: JK
  • Year: 2010
Re: Zj adjustable rear track bar
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2022, 08:39:37 PM »

See if you can get hold of Ian Rhodes. He is a member on here as Bisley Wrangler I think. Also on the Birty Dastards Facebook group. Ian has modified lots of ZJs and is an engineer that can make you an adjustable trackbar (possibly even using the JKS LHD one you have) if there isn’t an off the shelf option to buy.

bisleywrangler

• Admin
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 1
  • Vehicle: Wrangler
  • Year: 1997
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2022, 06:29:49 PM »

I believe the tj track bar is shorter than the zj one.

ZJ_CREEP

• Forum Member
  • Guru: 0
  • Vehicle: Grand cherokee zj
  • Year: 1996
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2022, 04:38:29 PM »

Thank you for the replies, if anyone can suggest a track bar that will fit or put me on to someone who will either make one from scratch or modify the LHD JKS bar I have I would be extremely grateful. At the moment I'm only running a 2 inch lift so it's not really issue but I will be changing to a 3.5 inch lift, not being able to fit an adjustable bar has brought this part of my build to a full stop. I'm happy to pay an individual or a recommend company, I'm based in Hertfordshire but more than happy to travel to get this sorted,
Ty
Pages: [1]   Go Up