Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2001 3.1 td diff oils - cam belt or chain  (Read 3346 times)

kevslh

2001 3.1 td diff oils - cam belt or chain
« on: September 11, 2008, 10:05:18 PM »

Hi
Can anyone advise me what oil my front and rear diff takes and do i need to add the diff additive that i have read about. is the rear diff a LSD or not. also does the 3.1td have a cam belt or chain.
thanks
kev

Mike Pavelin

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 10:07:52 PM »

Depends If you have Quadradrive or not. If you do, use additive in both axles, if you don't you don't need any. The 3.1 is a pushrod engine with a gear driven cam.

kevslh

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 10:47:31 PM »

Mike
Thanks for info, how do i tell if it has the Quadradrive or not, do i just use normal gear oil in the diffs. sorry if this seems a dumb question.
Thanks
Kev

Mike Pavelin

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 09:58:51 AM »

If it has Quadeadrive it will have a Quadradrive badge on the gearshift panel and on the tailgate.

kevslh

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 10:42:58 AM »

Mike
It has got Quadra-TracII on the gearshift panel, do I have to get special oil from the dealers or can I get it from any auto store, which oil do I need, also if I need it where is the best place to get the additive from. Sorry for all the questions but I am new to jeep ownership and I dont want to break anything by using the wrong oil.
What atf do I use in auto gear box as I have read in other post not to use dexron, is this right and if so what atf do I need and where can I get it from.

Thanks
Kev

Mike Pavelin

(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 01:34:35 PM »

The best oil for the diffs on a WG is 75W140 synthetic gear oil, which is quite hard to come by, but available from Jeep dealers. You don't need the additive as you have open diffs on a QuadratracII.
The transfer case uses a special oil formulated for the NV247 transfer case, strangely enough called Mopar NV247 transfer case oil.
The transmission uses Mopar ATF+4 which is a fully synthetic transmission fluid, get it from Jeep or try to find an equivalent.

kevslh

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008, 06:21:58 PM »

Mike

Thankyou very much for all the info.

Cheers
Kev
Pages: [1]   Go Up