Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help witht he shopping list Jeep Wrangler YJ  (Read 1989 times)

Cockney Boy

Need help witht he shopping list Jeep Wrangler YJ
« on: November 29, 2010, 07:09:18 PM »

Being new to all this, i could really do with some advice on what to do with my Wrangler YJ? Ive been trawling the web sites and have come up with a shopping list of things i would like to do to my jeep.

WHEELS AND TYRES
I would like to upgrade my factory wheels and tyres to something a little more practical for use on and off the road. What would be the best size of wheel that will fit my hubs and what tyres do you guys recommend?

BARS FRONT AND SIDE
I would like to replace the factory front bumper with something that i could fit some more lights as the factory ones look like over sex'd Glow worms lol and also with an option in future for a winch and some recovery loops.

UPRATED SPRINGS
Is it worth while uprating the factory springs and shock to give me better clearance or should i leave them as standard. I ask this as if i change my wheels and tyres will this affect my suspension?

I know many of you have done these mods, and i value your opinions more than a specialsit garage that would only try and empty my credit card lol

Look forward to some good ideas.

Rich

P.S if any of you fancy some cash in hand to help fit any of the above, let me know.

Nosebolt

Re: Need help witht he shopping list Jeep Wrangler YJ
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 07:18:02 PM »

firstly for custom bumpers and rock sliders talk to greggmo and bubba, their work is spot on

wheels/tyres and suspention go hand in hand as each can affect the other, you will only get it right if you are truly honest with your self as to how you will use the vehicle, is it a daily driver? is it a weekend toy? how extreem do you want to off road it?

the yella CJ is basicly standard with just recovery points and 31" KL71's and is as much fun orr foad as my other CJ and a damn sight easier to use as a daily driver

Cockney Boy

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 07:54:41 PM »

Regarding the wheels and tyres i wont be going mad off road and dont want it to be too exptreme. I would like to use the Jeep at weekends and if i go off road, it wont be going itno ditches that are over 2 feet deep (wuse i know lol)

Do you have a pic of your yellow CJ for ideas?

Cheers Rich

Bulldog67

• Arthur Daley: Graduated
  • Guru
  • Guru: -936
  • Vehicle: Man Sized Old Iron
  • Anti Colour Truck Mafia - I'm The Fuckin Daddy
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 08:02:52 PM »

P.S if any of you fancy some cash in hand to help fit any of the above, let me know.

as per Nosebolt said, drop Bubba a PM

Bulldog's 22+ trucks: http://www.birtydastards.com/frm/index.php?topic=20288.0 :025:                                   :headbanger: 401 Dog * 401 Molotov :headbanger:  
Civilise the mind but make savage the body  :027:           Im only responsible for my karma :059:

Nosebolt

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 10:43:23 PM »

Cockney Boy

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2010, 05:07:09 PM »

Well ive been scouring the web for wheel and tyre packages, and now im completely confused lol. There are so many sizes and types and so many styles to choose from  :icon_winkle:

I look to you guys for some sound advice on recommendations for a good set or wheels and rims. But ome thing im not sure about is the rim size and offset etc. The last thing i want to do is buy completely the wrong set. Could someone point me in the right direction of a good source who can supply me with a full set and what i expect to pay?

Cheers for your help

Rich

Nosebolt

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2010, 06:11:33 PM »

if i remember correctly you should have 15 x 8 rims as standard so they should be good for 31x10.5x15, if you want to go an inch or two wider, keep the dia and offset the same, the pic should help

Bulldog67

• Arthur Daley: Graduated
  • Guru
  • Guru: -936
  • Vehicle: Man Sized Old Iron
  • Anti Colour Truck Mafia - I'm The Fuckin Daddy
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2010, 06:12:37 PM »

or just truck to luck like me
Bulldog's 22+ trucks: http://www.birtydastards.com/frm/index.php?topic=20288.0 :025:                                   :headbanger: 401 Dog * 401 Molotov :headbanger:  
Civilise the mind but make savage the body  :027:           Im only responsible for my karma :059:

Panic mechanic!

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2010, 08:47:42 PM »

what look do you want to get?

Tragic

• Guru
  • Guru: 0
  • Vehicle: A proper Jeep!
  • Year: 1993
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2010, 01:14:27 PM »

Rich, you have pm :icon_super: