Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 02 cherokee stud formation....  (Read 1832 times)

momos

02 cherokee stud formation....
« on: April 20, 2010, 08:35:47 AM »

:icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: I know...in tech but...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170473752729&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

one for jeep/landy boffs
desperatley need new rims, if tyres are on no probs, i got these at the mo 235/70/16

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160422964644&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:GB:1123

with 245/70/16 BFG AT's on, but this steely rim guy recons they will fit jeep, just an example really they are too far away
but loads are on at the mo
thanks!!!
 :icon_biggrin:

ivanidea

• Expat - Livin' the dream...
  • Admin
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 1
  • Vehicle: Jeep Wrangler JL - 2dr Willys
  • Year: 2021
  • Florida
Re: 02 cherokee stud formation....
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 09:08:55 AM »

LandRover wheels will not fit a Jeep.

The KJ requires 5 x 4.5" pcd, which is the same for any Cherokee and Wrangler.  The later Grand Cherokee wheels will not fit.

Minimum of 16" wheel is required due to the size of the brakes.
Current Jeep: 2021 Willys 2dr 3.6 Auto. Sarge Green + Tan Top.
Former Jeep (USA): 2016 Renegade 2.4L 75th Anniversary 4WD Auto.
Former Jeeps (UK): 2000 Cherokee 2.5TD Sport Manual, 2001 TJ Sport 4.0 Manual, 2008 Liberty 2.8CRD Limited Auto, 2011 JKU 2.5CRD Limited Auto.

sprintagogo

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 10:00:56 AM »

Hi Momos

As Ivan says, your KJ has 5 wheel studs at a PCD of 4.5" (the diameter of the wheel studs) while the 1999 on Grand cherokee has a 5 x 5" PCD.

What do you want new wheels for? Have you got steel wheels at the moment or are you looking for a second set for off-road tyres?

I have a set of 6 genuine Jeep Icon rims coming up soon (16x7 rim fitted to very late XJs, early KJs and some wranglers from that time). they are the original wheels from my 2000 XJ and have been used off-road so have the scrapes and nicks but are otherwise sound and straight and look ok at 10 paces (which is how most wheels are viewed)

Landrover wheels will definitely not fit. I don't know the PCD for Landrovers (I should do as I came from many years of green oval fanaticism) and those wheels in your 1st eBay link are nasty aftermarket wheels anyway.

The Jeep wheels in the second link have been listed for absolutely ages (must be 2-3 months at least) and are way over priced and have a suspiciously blurry picture. It's so blurred I am not even certain what style of wheel they are. My wheels will not be anywhere near that expensive and includes a matching spare and a spare spare too (when I started off-roading with alloy wheels I listened to all the doom-mongers that said alloy wheels would be a disaster off-road and weren't up to the job so I bought an extra one off eBay just in case. What a load of bollox they were talking!)

Dave69

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 15
  • Vehicle: CJ-7 4.2 auto
  • Year: 1979
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 02:40:19 PM »

So Mumsy what exactly do you want or trying to do/get ?
XJ 2.5 diesel - dead. XJ 4.0 6" lift - sold to some lucky person
CJ7 4.2 auto standard(ish)
Alfa 147 jtdm

momos

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 07:47:20 PM »

now then sprintagogogogo! spondooolies please
yup some donk tried to clean mine before i got it and took all the laquer off, you know the story, i wanted new rims to put the bfg's on but just stuck with the originals.
they are so bad now i put air in nearly every week, and i aint using it that often too...
the dear ones in gt harwood 2 mins from me...
this guy recons these will fit, but not sure
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130384294871&ssPageName=ADME:X:eRTM:GB:1123

really put off the original ones now, and dont care much what the next ones look like...but none of that 3 spoke ghay shit  :hysterical:
just cant be arsed filling them up all the time, plus some biff reversed into the air pump, no not me

isle of man

• بعض العضو التناسلي النسوي...
  • Club Member
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 6
  • Vehicle: G-Class AKA “The G spot”
  • Take the road less travelled...
    • http://www.4x4.im
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 07:56:41 PM »

Mojo you're very lucky as people normally pay for the "go down on them" experience!!!!!
"Not all those who wander are lost"

momos

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010, 07:59:18 PM »

:icon_rolleyes:
 :icon_biggrin:
yes sir navigator boss  :icon_biggrin:

isle of man

• بعض العضو التناسلي النسوي...
  • Club Member
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 6
  • Vehicle: G-Class AKA “The G spot”
  • Take the road less travelled...
    • http://www.4x4.im
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2010, 08:01:32 PM »

It's all in the hand signal you see.....Flap left - flap right and then full flaps!!!!!
"Not all those who wander are lost"

Dave The Sparky

• Club Member
  • Guru
  • Guru: 4
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2010, 09:40:26 PM »

Wouldnt it be cheaper to get your existing wheels blasted and powder coated its only about £35-£40 a rim i think and they would look like new, certainly better than a second hand set.
Obviously you would have to do without a car for a day or two though :jpshakehead:
3.0TD (proper fuel) Toyota powered CJ6, 1981 4.2L "Montana" blue CJ8,1982 "Cack" Brown CJ8 slowly getting a Chevy V6 and a lot of welding...

Dutch

• The Curator
  • Club Member
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 12
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2010, 10:45:04 PM »

Now know where Momsy is coming from.  KJ rims are crap, if you listen carefully you can hear them fizzzzzzz......... :jpshakehead:

Got sandblasters & paint dept at the yard but it would also mean removing tyres first.

Could all take more than a couple of days I'm fraid

Jeepless :-( 2006 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster 3.2 V6 - 1993 Yamaha FJ1200

sprintagogo

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2010, 10:47:00 PM »

now then sprintagogogogo! spondooolies please

so bad now i put air in nearly every week, and i aint using it that often too...

the dear ones in gt harwood 2 mins from me...

this guy recons these will fit, but not sure
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130384294871&ssPageName=ADME:X:eRTM:GB:1123

but none of that 3 spoke ghay shit  :hysterical:

Hey Momomomomos PM about spondoooooooooooooolies sent! If you are near Great Harwood I am probably about 45 mins away, just down the M66 and a bit of the M60.

I can assure you my tyres don't require topping up with air at all so provided the tyres you fit are not faulty you shouldn't suffer any more deflation problems. They definitely ain't ghay at all-

These pics are older ones so don't judge their condition by these shots, no obvious corrosion but plenty of scrapes. Like I said before, they look OK at 10 paces or even closer if you squint!

The wheels in this ebay listing won't fit either although the listing is somewhat confusing as the wheel pictured has 5 holes but the description is for 6 holes at 139.9mm. Jeep 4.5" is sometimes described as 114.3mm (modern money) and they are basic steel rims that will be luverly bubbly after 2 years.

momos

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2010, 11:07:48 PM »

result! get yer boots Sprintagogogo!
let me work out funds first
nice one
 :icon_super:

welcome Dutch, little niggles, not biggies...dont fall out with it yet  :icon_winkle:
not worth refurb cheeers sparky, besides i'll spend less replacing them ... hopefully
got to add on fit and balance...  :icon_rolleyes:
Pages: [1]   Go Up