Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "fn" immobiliser  (Read 5783 times)

isle of man

• بعض العضو التناسلي النسوي...
  • Club Member
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 6
  • Vehicle: G-Class AKA “The G spot”
  • Take the road less travelled...
    • http://www.4x4.im
"fn" immobiliser
« on: November 06, 2005, 09:44:07 PM »

the "fn" thing has stopped working again so i need to disconnect it once and for all......how can i do it? there must be a way?
the vehicle is a 1997 wrangler tj the fob is the square type with two buttons on it.

thanks in advance.

peter henry
"Not all those who wander are lost"

UKJeeper

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2005, 10:17:31 PM »

When mine in the '94 XJ went bad, i just found the control box under the dash and disconnected the whole thing. If yours is OEM, Dr Mike should be able to tell you more about it.

isle of man

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2005, 10:22:12 PM »

calling dr mike any chance?

peter henry

Mike Pavelin

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2005, 08:15:11 AM »

The starter cut is easily bypassed, find the immobiliser wires spliced into the harness for the clutch interlock switch and rejoin the cut wire. This will allow you to crank the engine but it still won't start. The module has to be removed too for this.
The immobiliser module is located behind the instrument cluster under a metal plate. I think, (but not 100% you'll have to try) if you get it ready to remove, then start the engine, then unplug it while the engine is running, the engine controller will then learn to allow starting without the immobiliser attached.

isle of man

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2005, 07:00:53 PM »

ok this looks good..........will try it this weekend.

thanks,

peter henry

isle of man

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2005, 04:52:14 PM »

here goes....found the clutch wire and have bypassed them the wrangler now starts but only run's for a few seconds and then stops....have removed the immobiliser from the plate and only 5 wires (white/black brown/black black/brown purple/black red/green) are in the plug i have tryed various combinations to the wires but still the wrangler only run's a few seconds.....there must be a way to remove this part from the system any help appreciated.
wrangler now de-funct

peter henry

Mike Pavelin

(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2005, 07:53:27 PM »

:shock: DON'T try jumping the socket terminals, two of them are connected to the data bus network for the instrument cluster and engine controller. If you fry this you're screwed big time.
From what I understand, this is how it works. The engine controller is set to broadcast the VIN code of the vehicle on the CCD bus network. This goes to the instrument cluster and immobiliser. The immobiliser learns the VIN code of the vehicle when it is installed so when the ignition is turned on the engine controller, cluster and immobiliser all have to aggree that the VIN they have matches to permit the engine to keep running.
Now. The immobiliser on your Jeep is not a factory fitment. It was fitted on entry to the UK by Chrysler Jeep imports, so, the Jeep must be capable of running without it. I've never tried this, but I'm told that if you turn the immobiliser off, start the engine let it run for at least 10 sec, then unplug the immobiliser the engine should continue to run. Next time you start it it should run without the immobiliser.
The trouble is if you can't turn it off at all you can't uninstall it using this method. There are no actual wires from the immobiliser that physically disable the fuel/ignition system. This is done by data sent to/from the engine controller via the CCD bus.
Have you actually tried to find why the immobiliser doesn't turn off? you might have to do this first anyway.

isle of man

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2005, 08:19:17 PM »

i only have one fob for this vehicle........the reason to be honest the thing is not working is that the fob has been through the washing machine (oops) as i left the keys in my pocket!!!!!!! when i got them back changed the battery and re attempted the start......then i went to kings in liverpool as in the isle of man there is no jeep dealer he told me £70+vat and the vehicle needs to be taken to dealer for re-programing!!!! hey think about it 75 miles of water and the wrangler does not run never mind float......i don't mind riping the thing to bit's as it is only a spare vehicle...have pulled back some of the loom to follow the wires......fuse 10 seems to have something to do with it......come to a dead stop now, not sure what to do next.

Mike Pavelin

(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2005, 08:04:51 AM »

Ok. So you're saying that the immobiliser is ok but you have no remote. I think you're gonna have to get the remote working or get a replacement programmed in. You could borrow a remote from another Jeep. You have a choice of XJ '97-2000, ZJ '96-98, TJ '97-99, and GS Chrysler Voyager '96-2000. These should all work. The vehicle is programmed to the key rather than the other way round. You will have to get it to someone with a Chrysler DRBIII scan tool with UK alarm/immobiliser supercard installed to do this. I'd be inclined to make sure the existing remote has dried out properly and try again first though. Perhaps carefully spray the pcb with some WD40 then let it soak for a while and then blow it dry with some low pressure compessed air.

isle of man

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2005, 10:11:42 AM »

ok need to buy DRBIII scan tool but from where?  

peter henry

Mike Pavelin

(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2005, 10:12:36 AM »

BTW, Here's what the wiring on the immobiliser does.......

isle of man

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2005, 10:20:19 AM »

can you send that on e-mail as i can not read it even when saved and use photo editor..

peter henry

peterhenry@manx.net

Mike Pavelin

(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2005, 05:09:17 PM »

Sorry, been offline for a week, fuckin' BT tossers, will email now......
Pages: [1]   Go Up