Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: XJ VM2.5 TD Coolant temp sensor - New or old?!  (Read 929 times)

CarbonWedge

• Forum Member
  • Guru: 0
XJ VM2.5 TD Coolant temp sensor - New or old?!
« on: January 06, 2011, 10:35:26 AM »

:017: Hi all first post, but these forums have been a great help so far! I'ts a 97 XJ with the 2.5 diesel, started to start a bit funny so ran the diagnostics and it came up with a CTS fault.

At some point in the past the heads have been changed to the earlier type, with a two pin sensor, and some wiring made up to link from the engine loom 3 pin connector (for the newer 3pin sensor) to the existing but older 2 pin sensor. I'd like to go back to the 3 pin sensor, so it is the correct one for the engine management, and would like to know if the hole in the head is same size and thread for both sensors? Being about £48 from jeep i'd rather not buy it and realise its wrong!

Cheers

Paul

Bubba

• "Cooter"
  • Marshal
  • Guru
  • Guru: 69
Re: XJ VM2.5 TD Coolant temp sensor - New or old?!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 05:12:38 PM »

o dear i hope it can be sorted easy just keep kissing a rabbits foot til help arives [not me] cos i aint a xj guru or lover

trucks

shedric
cletus
mr whippy

I spent most of my money on alcohol, women and old  iron........ the rest of it I just wasted.

The Smiths

• Forum Member
  • Guru: 1
Re: XJ VM2.5 TD Coolant temp sensor - New or old?!
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 06:10:23 PM »

cos i aint a xj guru or lover

Especially oil burners :hysterical:

Not sure if they are the same or not - but did you run diagnostics on the Bosch engine management system or the OBD11/Jeep one??

For anything to do with the engine you need to ignore the Jeep ECU as it does not look after the engine

If you always do what you have always done You will always get what you have always got
Please give to our Mac4x4 fund: http://www.justgiving.com/The-Smiths-2015
Pages: [1]   Go Up