Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Grand Cherokee inside light  (Read 1379 times)

joe

Grand Cherokee inside light
« on: September 19, 2011, 09:47:02 PM »

The inside lights don't come on when the door opens but they do work from the switch manually . I have looked for something to turn this function on and read the manual but nothing . Any idea`s ?

scrw

Re: Grand Cherokee inside light
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 08:44:54 AM »

do they come on when the passenger door opens? is it just a duff door switch?

bigjeepzj

• Club Member
  • Guru
  • Guru: 22
  • lift it, brake it, Fix it brake it, fix it again
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 12:50:36 PM »

You may find just taking the switch off and cleaning it and where it contacts the body work fixes it

joe

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 12:57:06 PM »

You may find just taking the switch off and cleaning it and where it contacts the body work fixes it
I cant fined a switch on the door it must have a censer somewhere   

gregwho

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 05:18:28 PM »

Not sure if you have the WJ Grand Cherokee, but I have the manual for the WJ and looked up the door ajar switch just in case:

• The door ajar switches are integral to the door latch mechnicism. The front door ajar switches are actuated by the front door latch mechanisms, and are hard wired between a body ground and the Driver Door Module (DDM) or the Passenger Door Module (PDM). The rear door ajar switches are actuated by the rear door latch mechanisms, and are hard wired between a body ground and the Body Control Module (BCM) through the rear door and body wire har- nesses.
    The door ajar switches cannot be adjusted or repaired and, if faulty or damaged, the door latch unit must be replaced. (Refer to 23 - BODY/DOOR - FRONT/LATCH - REMOVAL) or (Refer to 23 - BODY/DOORS - REAR/LATCH - REMOVAL) for the service procedures. For complete circuit diagrams, refer to the appropriate wiring information.

If you want me to dig out the latch removal operation let me know and i'll post for you

joe

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 08:51:47 PM »

Not sure if you have the WJ Grand Cherokee, but I have the manual for the WJ and looked up the door ajar switch just in case:

• The door ajar switches are integral to the door latch mechnicism. The front door ajar switches are actuated by the front door latch mechanisms, and are hard wired between a body ground and the Driver Door Module (DDM) or the Passenger Door Module (PDM). The rear door ajar switches are actuated by the rear door latch mechanisms, and are hard wired between a body ground and the Body Control Module (BCM) through the rear door and body wire har- nesses.
    The door ajar switches cannot be adjusted or repaired and, if faulty or damaged, the door latch unit must be replaced. (Refer to 23 - BODY/DOOR - FRONT/LATCH - REMOVAL) or (Refer to 23 - BODY/DOORS - REAR/LATCH - REMOVAL) for the service procedures. For complete circuit diagrams, refer to the appropriate wiring information.

If you want me to dig out the latch removal operation let me know and i'll post for you
hi, thanks .  What is the WJ ?  .  The switch must be ok as when the door is open it tells you on the dash display  "door open "  So I think it may be something else . I have been through all the options on the dash computer but cant see anything to set inside lights on or off

gazjeep

• Marshal
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 9
  • Vehicle: TJ - Der Panzer - CBR
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2011, 12:23:53 AM »

WJ = Grand Cherokee 1999 - 2005
Taking ya girl to heaven & back

Dutch

• The Curator
  • Club Member