Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: zj gc tyre upgrade  (Read 3977 times)

scrw

Re: zj gc tyre upgrade
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2012, 09:02:54 AM »

stick em on then & did out stanley

ukturbo2000

« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2012, 09:20:27 AM »

Not running it yet?  

I have had it on the road for a year now   :icon_rolleyes:

ukturbo said around 30 inches,not 30 inches exactly,these 30.5 inch tyres are around 30 inches eh.

I don't mind trimming bumpers as i have said it is purely a winter beater that isn't worth spending a great deal of money on.

Some people
remind me not to bother in future  :banghead:

and dont forget at 265 your tyres are a fair bit wider than mine, so expect to loose a bit more of your turning circle, you may need to fit spacers to the fronts, and that as they say, is the end of any help you will receive from me. Goodbye and good luck.

fiatdaft

« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2012, 09:30:13 AM »

Well if you are going to get smart about things,i'm glad you won't be joining in to help on this one judging by your previous posts  :wave-fingersmiely:

ukturbo2000

« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2012, 09:33:59 AM »

Well if you are going to get smart about things,i'm glad you won't be joining in to help on this one judging by your previous posts  :wave-fingersmiely:

im not getting into a slanging match with you, but judging by your attitude to people as shown on here, i dont suppose you'll be that welcome around here for too long. People come on here for help and advise, which is exactly what you were given, if you choose to belittle said peoples advise then dont expect them to warm to you.

fiatdaft

« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2012, 09:39:59 AM »

I asked a simple question and got some not so simple answers,and i have been here longer than you fella.

Panic mechanic!

« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2012, 10:35:20 AM »

please calm down guys, try them on and see how it goes, you may need to trim a little off the bumper and you may get some rubbing on full lock  but you never know you  may get lucky and need neither.

Jeepjedi

Re: Re: Re: zj gc tyre upgrade
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2012, 11:53:29 AM »

please calm down guys, try them on and see how it goes, you may need to trim a little off the bumper and you may get some rubbing on full lock  but you never know you  may get lucky and need neither.

Agree try em on and see, but that will mean spending 50 squid, everyone is on edge on here and telling people their post are not helping well ....... didn't help.

If they rub either break out the blade, take em off or give it a cheeky lift ;)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

JamesH

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 1
  • Vehicle: JK
  • Year: 2010
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2012, 01:43:40 PM »

They might measure 30.5" but they are generally regarded as a 31-32" tyre size. When people talk about fitting 31s / 33s etc even if it says that on the side they often measure 0.5" under that with a tape. Don't ask why, different brands vary more than others too.

Bishops Finger

« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2012, 02:29:00 PM »

stick em on then & did out stanley
You know a did called Stanley?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up