Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fuel maps, anybody??  (Read 942 times)

eastryjeep

Fuel maps, anybody??
« on: July 18, 2013, 12:23:23 AM »

Right ho, like it says, I'm looking for the basic files to program a Megasquirt MPFI ECU.
I'm told by my university trained nipper, that I need an AFR and VE table.
Any format will do, PDF, TXT, even screen shots but the MSQ format would suit best.
The sprog has converted my engine to multipoint fuel injection with a 4.0 litre manifold on the old 258 head, all as part of a university project, but he never got the thing to fire.
Sometimes I think I should have saved the bloody tuition fees and gone on holiday!
Now I just want my truck running again.
Yes I could go back to the old carb and manifold but the promise of not stalling halfway up an incline is just too tempting!
Also looking for a CPS relocation kit and notched harmonic balancer if anybody has one lying about. Truth be told, just a damn good sketch of the Hesco bracket would do me fine.

Cheers
Nick

Lukemagnum

Re: Fuel maps, anybody??
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 04:02:29 PM »

I did some remapping a while back and came across some files for Megasquirt, they'll still be on my laptop as I don't delete anything.

I didn't try them out as it was a Siemens PCM I was mapping and it was easier to just download the OE file and work with that.

Can't remember what I've got but if you're interested, then send me your email, I'll dig them out and send you what I've got.

eastryjeep

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 05:59:41 PM »

PM sent.

Cheers mate!

eastryjeep

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 12:01:11 AM »

Hope to be sorted with the software side of things now, but can anyone help with some sketches for locating the CPS on the front of my 6/258
Even a link to the part in the States would be a step in the right direction, if Ive got to bite the bullet where is the best place to go, as I'm the original import/export virgin!

eastryjeep

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2013, 11:47:03 AM »

Thanks for that, I just couldnt see the kits for the life of me!
I've asked Hesco for a quote on a Vee belt type kit, speed sensor for cable speedo with relavent connector plus shipping etc will see what they come back with.
What are your feelings regarding insurance when importing stuff as that gets included in the duty calcs doesnt it?

I've been trying to get the engine to fire using an ECU from an auto XJ, Does anybody know if I'm barking up the wrong tree and a simple swap to an ECU from a manual 4.0 would Do the trick?

Destination engine is AMC 4.2 with a TH400 and Borg Warner Quadratrac hanging off the back.
Donor was a Chrysler 4.0 with an unknown auto bolted to it but I dont have the gearbox or it's ECU.

Generally guys. How stuffed am I?

Delk

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2013, 12:16:01 PM »

Are you trying to use the jeep ecu without all the standard sensors? You would need to have the throttle body, temp, crank and cam sensors all hooked up correctly.

I have a relocation kit I can photo next week.

eastryjeep

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2013, 01:41:03 PM »

Im using a 4.0 litre manifold with Chrysler ECU (for an auto), sensors, injectors etc and all from the same donor Jeep and using the MPI loom also.
Machined some slots in the back of my old balancer and made a CPS bracket but the engine would never fire.
It was happy enough pressurising the fuel rail via an electric pump, but we always had to jump the solenoid to get it to crank, and even then it never showed any inkling of firing.  :banghead:
If your relocation kit is for a V belt and is redundant Id be glad to talk turkey, possibly all the way up to emu or even ostrich at a push!
Pages: [1]   Go Up