Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: P0138  (Read 1049 times)

georgen

P0138
« on: May 16, 2014, 04:25:27 PM »

when I got it I read the codes and although mil not on was showing P0138, so took no notice as it could have been stored for donky years, so as I am having hesitant problems I decided to read again today and its back, so B1 S2 (after cat lamba) signal too high, been reading up on peeps problems and read from damaged wires to failed sensor to blocked fuel supply, now the fuel line was what ive been thinking for a couple of weeks now, anyone had experience with this problem. I do know ticking over the sensor was giving 0.840v so my OBD reader told me and the pre cat one was 0.720v and fuel was flicking between 0 to -0.78 (lean) and 0 to 0.78 (rich) still at tickover and the system was using O2 sensors for mixture not the Map.

Lornaben

• Lord of the Mindy ring
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 2
  • Vehicle: CJ3B (Mindy)
    • Mahindra Register
Re: P0138
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2014, 01:40:45 AM »

Purely from other owners previous woes, I would suggest your Lambda sensor is fooked.

Replacement is required  8-)

Mike Pavelin

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2014, 08:04:33 AM »

The downstream lambda sensor is purely a there to monitor catalyst performance, and will not effect the way the jeep runs. If you have symptoms in addition to the code, you have another problem.

georgen

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 01:09:49 AM »

The downstream lambda sensor is purely a there to monitor catalyst performance, and will not effect the way the jeep runs. If you have symptoms in addition to the code, you have another problem.
cheers so I will keep down the fuel route
Pages: [1]   Go Up