Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: zj hub bolts  (Read 3482 times)

mrzj

zj hub bolts
« on: June 17, 2008, 11:25:28 PM »

Hi all

just a quickie, I'm replacing both hubs/bearings and the ball joints one one side on the front of my ZJ on Sunday

I need to know the size for the 3 bolts that hold the hub on, not the big one the 36mm but the stupid 12 point ones (why the hell did the do that? I mean whoever decided to do that must have been a full on ,ocean going, window licking, socially inept, tambourine banging twat) as they'll be all rusted and useless.

Sadly the RBS prison officers will only let me have 3 days of day release before seven sisters and so don't have time to take them off and find the bolt size then order them. I did  replace them on the other side when I did the other ball joints but that was a while ago and now I cant remember.

your help is much appreciated as then I can spend RBS time ordering new bits tomorrow!

Bishops Finger

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 11:31:11 PM »

You work for RBS.....??? :lol:  :lol:

MOCAJ

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 4
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 07:20:39 AM »

you dont need new bolts, try this method, it works

http://www.stu-offroad.com/axle/balljoi ... oint-1.htm

although i think this time i used a 2" long bolt as the spacer, you can also use a socket  8-)

have fun
short term jeep owner since 2005, every truck is a never ending project. Birtys, the best club in Jeepland

td marmo

hub bolts
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 11:04:53 AM »

Iv'e just done this job try a 1/2 AF spanner/socket it seems to fit better than a 13mm tool if they are rusted

Bubba

• "Cooter"
  • Marshal
  • Guru
  • Guru: 69
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 06:39:02 PM »

12 sided af every time the dont do metric ver good

trucks

shedric
cletus
mr whippy

I spent most of my money on alcohol, women and old  iron........ the rest of it I just wasted.

mrzj

(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2008, 10:32:39 AM »

I’m fine with getting it off and stuff I’ve got a big general maintenance tool! And cold chisel, when I did the other side I replaced the 12pt bolts with standard hex nuts, so its nice and easy undo in the future, I just cant remember the size as I want to do the same on the side that not been done yet.

Cheers matt

mrzj

(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2008, 11:04:41 AM »

Yes, sadly I work for RBS, in an office, not my cup of tea really, I hate computers and telephones. And I don’t like sitting around on my ass either, I’ve spent so much time sitting in my chair recently I’m getting a shiny arse.

Bishops Finger

(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2008, 12:49:34 PM »

THe Taliban worked for RBS...hated it..

mrzj

(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2008, 02:40:07 PM »

I haven’t seen any taliban, i have seen some pretty evil managers, who give you a pay cut then 6 months later raise you pay to significantly less than it originally was and tell you you’ve got a pay rise because your a valued member of the team, then get bummy when you question the logic of the decision.

I try make up the pay cut by using there internet bandwidth, like I am now!
Pages: [1]   Go Up