Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 2.5td on a P ABS and front hub universal joint probs  (Read 3001 times)

scoobysnacks

the hub isn't prone to failure but needs to be removable for servicing upper and lower ball joints and driveline issues, where as the tone ring is not intended to be removed once fitted.

Haha I understand that, I was just being a little facetious.

As a matter of interest, how do people go about removing/refitting tone rings? I'd be inclined to heat it and sweat it on, is that the normal method? They seem pretty brittle, so hitting it with a hammer doesn't seem a good option.

Mike Pavelin

Nobody removes them, they are not available as a spare part, you replace the yoke complete.

scoobysnacks

Well, managed to source a new drive shaft at a sensible price, £65 delivered. Got it all fitted on, nicely tightened up, and grabbed the brake caliper to refit it.

PING

The friction lining from the inboard brake pad completely fell off it's backing. I knew they'd got a bit warm, but not that warm! That explains the squealy brakes then!

Off in the morning to find a replacement set of brake pads, wonder if I can get them for a sensible price?

isle of man

• بعض العضو التناسلي النسوي...
  • Club Member
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 6
  • Vehicle: G-Class AKA “The G spot”
  • Take the road less travelled...
    • http://www.4x4.im

With that news I'm thinking your brake caliper is sized FUBAR!!!
"Not all those who wander are lost"

scoobysnacks

It was seized. I stripped it and freed it up a while back, but obviously it'd damaged the pad. I'll have the caliper off again and strip it down before I put it back together, just to make sure.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up