Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Slack in kickdown cable?  (Read 738 times)

JAY1

Slack in kickdown cable?
« on: June 27, 2011, 01:01:49 PM »

Hi Guys,

just been servicing my 2001 v8 gc and noticed that there is about 1/2 inch slack on the cable at the throttle body..... does this need adjusting? My kickdown can be laboured at times and seems to require a lot of throttle to knock down a gear or two....

Many thanks

JAY1

Re: Slack in kickdown cable?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 03:23:30 PM »

Ah, am I right in now thinking that the 1999-on doesn't have a tv cable and it is in fact the cruise control cable that I am looking at!

If so, does this need adjusting?

Panic mechanic!

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 03:30:11 PM »

if its a cruise control cable  and the cruise works ok I wouldn't bother playing with it to take any slack out, you can take the slack out of a kickdown cable  but you can end up with the car changing up and down endlessly, usually to get kickdown to work you need to floor the peddle and it should change back up when you release the peddle back up again.

JAY1

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 09:26:23 PM »

Is there a kickdown cable in a wj?
it's not so much for overtaking or maximum power that I want it to kickdown sooner, moreso that i slowdown for a speed bump and then get back on the accelerator only to find that it's not in the right gear and can thentake a while to drop down unless i do it manually. On the odd occasion it will perform perfectly and I will have swift kickdown without too much throttle.

thanks in advance!

Mike Pavelin

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 09:43:08 PM »

I don't think it has one on the 4.7.
Pages: [1]   Go Up