Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WJ Wheel & Tyre Advice  (Read 1030 times)

Lee5

WJ Wheel & Tyre Advice
« on: June 16, 2012, 09:08:15 PM »

Hi Guys,

I need a bit of advice, I have had my Jeep for a few years now but I want to go for the more dirty off road look.

My Jeep is a day to day drive and I dont do much off road stuff but like the look.

I have found some wheels I like but need to know if they will fit here is a link to wheels http://www.4x4tyres.com/16x8-5127-0-jeep-wrangler-jk-black-modular-steel-wheel

I also need to know what are the best tyres to fit that are good for road and a bit of off road that look nice and chunky and what is  the best size of tyre to fit.

Thanks

Lee

jay140285

Re: WJ Wheel & Tyre Advice
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 08:45:26 AM »

Not sure on those wheels mate, google the WJ fitment and compare to those for the JK.

As for Tyres, personally and backed up from several other members on here. General Grabber AT's (newer than the AT2). Mine have been awesome both on and off road with some serious mud. JeepJedi will second this. 

scrw

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 11:40:35 AM »

Wheels are fine, have similar myself. Stick on some 245-75-16"s won't affect the gearing too much, had them on wifeys for a while. BUT with the wider offset wheels you will need to trim the bottom of the front bumper a touch, about 1" IIRC, its not as drastic as it sounds, easily done with a stanley knife.

Tyre wise, always difficult, I like the old grabber AT2s, the wifey wagon now has grabber ATs on, seem okay on the road, not tried them offroad yet. I am going to give a set of cooper ST-MAXX tyres a go on my MJ when its roadworthy, getting good reviews

Barneyboko

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 11:11:29 PM »

could you get away with 245 70 16s ?

I know where there is some to be had !!!

Barney

Lee5

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 07:33:03 PM »

Thanks for the replies, good news that the wheels will fit  :greggmo:

Will 265's fit as I can get a nice set of COOPER DISCOVERER STT FOC or will they be to big ?

Thanks
Lee

scrw

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2012, 07:57:50 PM »

265-70's will (with front bumper trimming again) 265-75's WON'T fit without a lift or alot of hacking the front bumper
Pages: [1]   Go Up