Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JGC No air coming from vents but fan working - problem solved !!  (Read 624 times)

spotter7

:icon_super: Hope this helps anyone with same problem. I had no air coming any of the vents on my 2002 Grand Cherokee Overland and I remember hearing a small clonk when I turned the fan on only to get no air from any of the vents. I ran the self diagnostic mode - press the air con and recirculate air button at the same time and hold and rotate the left temperature control knob clockwise one click. This gave me fault code nbr 52 = Recirc door travel range too large. Hmmmmm. After searching the web someone else had the problem and all you need to do is this.  SCREAM !!! No seriously just remove the glove box - drop the blower motor out - just three screws - star shaped ones - and by looking up the hole I could see the recirc door flap just laying there stopping air from going any where. This fix how ever means you lose the ability to recirculate cabin air - not a problem in my book. You can look into where the door should be from the space created by removing the glove box. You should see two plastic meshes. One just dangling there and the other further back towards the engine bay where the recirc door goes for normal air . Play about a bit by putting your hand up the motor hole and get a feel for a good snug fit against this mesh and fix it into place either by drilling some holes in it and putting ties through it and tie to the mesh or as I did used some glues to hold it in place. Let it set and put everything back. Superb. Job done.  Remember though you now cannot recirculate cabin air like this. For that I think you need full access to fix the door properly i.e take the whole of the dash off . Hope this helps
Gonna be a bit cold up here this week (Scottish Borders) so glad this is sorted.
Simon
Pages: [1]   Go Up