Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Throttle position sensor fault 2008 Grand Cherokee 3.0 CRD  (Read 3011 times)

Johnc

• Forum Member
  • Guru: 0
  • Vehicle: Grand Cherokee 2.7CRD
  • Year: 2005
Throttle position sensor fault 2008 Grand Cherokee 3.0 CRD
« on: December 15, 2020, 11:00:21 AM »

Hi Everyone,

I have a 2008 3.0 CRD Grand Cherokee with a Mercedes OM642 engine fitted. A few months ago I started to notice slight hesitation on light acceleration which has slowly got worse to a point where the car with drive great and then when you stop and go into reverse it will juts run on tick over and not accelerate or you can be driving and it will go in to limp mode or just run rough. When it goes into fault the engine management light will come along with the throttle position light. You can then stop the car switch the engine off and then back on where the engine light will stay on, but the throttle position light will go off and you can drive the car normally until next time

The fault codes that can be present are P2135 and P0122

At first I though it was a faulty injector so I did have them tested and they were all fine, it was then recommended the EGR valve was clogged up which was removed and found to be clear of carbon but very stiff so this was cleaned and lubed, but the fault still appeared so this was replaced, but this has still not fixed the problem.

Just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem and if you can recommend any fixes

Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up