Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tyre Pressure  (Read 2736 times)

rallyman

Tyre Pressure
« on: February 13, 2008, 01:54:22 PM »

Hi Guys what tyre pressure would you recommend for off roading have got Wrangler A/Ts all round  225/75 15s.Out this weekend for the first time in my Jeep Cherokee so want to make sure i get things correct.Cheers

Mort

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 02:09:38 PM »

Not trying to be awkward, but it depends on the terrain.  When you air down you'll lose ground clearance, and your tyres become more prone to punctures too.

As you're running on stock tyres, I'd be inclined to run them at stock pressures to start with, and see how you go.  If you do air down I wouldn't make it extreme - maybe 25 - 28 psi, just enough to increase the footprint slightly.

No doubt others will beg to differ. 8-)

JamesH

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 1
  • Vehicle: JK
  • Year: 2010
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 02:43:52 PM »

I would agree, don't worry about airing down too much. If you really want to then give it a try at low 20s somewhere but learning different driving techniques and how the Jeep behaves is more important and will get you further than aired down tyres - they just help that LITTLE bit and only on SOME obstacles and terrain.

Just have fun, try different stuff and get comfortable with how the Jeep feels  :-)

rallyman

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 04:07:19 PM »

I will be in group that is meant for novices and standard vechicles,so the terrain should not be that bad,thanks for the advice guys
Pages: [1]   Go Up