Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: grand cherokee alarm and locks  (Read 1650 times)

merlin22red

grand cherokee alarm and locks
« on: January 05, 2015, 04:10:56 PM »

HELP  :banghead: I have searched the forum for answers as I am sure it will be covered some where but can't find anything
 my 2003 2.7 will not unlock the drivers door by remote, all the others unlock, the key works, but it's not disarming the alarm, or the immobiliser, plus the windows will not wind down, also the left mirror will not move out although the right one will.
I have checked the body to door loom and found a break in the black wire, which is now repaired, checked all the others for continuity they seem OK but still no joy, any ideas would be much appreciated, even if it's only how much petrol I would need to burn it

Dutch

• The Curator
  • Club Member
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 12
Re: grand cherokee alarm and locks
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 04:23:31 PM »

That's about the only thing that never happened to mine.

1 can @ 20 ltrs will do just fine  :003:

Jeepless :-( 2006 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster 3.2 V6 - 1993 Yamaha FJ1200

Fizz

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 05:47:43 PM »

I think i read somewhere aboùt a switch on the lock that does the alarm.but your problems still seem to be related to a wiring fault. Mine went hey wire when it shorted the loom in the door. Try pulling the battery cables off for a while. It may reset the bcm.

merlin22red

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 10:36:47 PM »

I think i read somewhere aboùt a switch on the lock that does the alarm.but your problems still seem to be related to a wiring fault. Mine went hey wire when it shorted the loom in the door. Try pulling the battery cables off for a while. It may reset the bcm.

Hi Fizz, the battery has been disconnected for days, but still no difference, I am looking into the drivers side switches, all the affected circuits seem to run through there, it's just another straw to clutch at

georgen

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 11:25:28 PM »

Just because you have continuity doesn't mean the wires are good, as ampage is pulled if you have a damaged wire it wont allow the current through to operate whatever that wire does. Recheck the wiring or ideally replace from inside door pillar to inside door as if one wire was damaged, you would very lucky if it was only that one damaged.

STUARTF

• Guru
  • Guru: 1
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2015, 04:25:27 PM »

Happened to mine. RECHECK the black wire. I scotchlocked mine
Stuart

j33pky

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2015, 08:28:49 PM »

Do they suffer like zj's?  Mine plays up and I have to remove door card disconnect big multiplug on back of elec window etc and replug and everything works again... For a while... If I leave it unplugged lots of weird and wondrous thing happen.  Jeeps are shit! :die:

supersparks

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2015, 09:06:09 PM »

my money is on a broken wire in the rubber boot between the door and the a post. mine has had three broken wires so far the last time was on a very hot day, the car thought the door was open so shut off the AC and the windows would not wind down got very warm in the cab.
Pages: [1]   Go Up