Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Rating members on buys and sells  (Read 7723 times)

Jeepthang

Rating members on buys and sells
« on: July 16, 2009, 11:52:12 PM »

How about being able to rate Birty's members on the experience of buying and selling?

I've just bought a part for my XJ from Panic Mechanic (who I've never met) and wanted to rate the transaction as excellent. By me giving Panic Mechanic a positive rating would mean that all members could see that he is a "trusted" Birty's member to buy from. :icon_super:

Just a thought.

Tank

Re: Rating members on buys and sells
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 12:10:02 AM »

I think a vast majority of the clubs members are really decent people anyway,and a rating for buying/selling is unecessary.We are like a family and you wouldnt rate your family on things they buy and sell from you,would you???

Nosebolt

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 12:12:43 AM »

Which one did you meet?

Not many people know that Panic Mechanic is actually 2 people. Panic is the nice one that is allowed to pub meets and events. :006:

And then there is The Mechanic, 6’4” about 9st, 11 fingers and a scar in his left cheek where his eye was cut out during a knife fight in Marrakech over the favours of a rabid camel. Now him you don’t want to meet. :066: :075: :027:

Tank

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2009, 12:14:48 AM »

6ft 4"..............is that stood on a 3ft stool then????  :003: :hysterical:

Nosebolt

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2009, 12:17:54 AM »

your thinking of Panic,

some say he is a shaved ewok and needs stilts to drive a Hummer :003:

birty

• The Big Dawg
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 5
    • Birty Dastards Jeep Club
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2009, 01:08:45 AM »

we have a reputation system available (currently disabled) but like Tank said we have never felt it necessary.

saying that we asked for opinions so if enough people would like this feature, I'm sure it can be considered
i like it best dirty

Jeepthang

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2009, 09:16:03 AM »

If people feel that it's unnecessary that's fine. I just thought it is useful especially when trading with people I've never met as I've been ripped off in the past on a couple of other forums and lost money. I didn't beleive it would happen on here as everybody is so friendly. It was just a thought.

So Panic Mechanic has a spilt personality then!!!  :hysterical:

sprintagogo

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2009, 10:51:39 AM »

It's a great idea Jeepthang.

I have done quite a bit of buying and selling with various forum members recently and there is a large element of trust involved on the buyers part as almost exclusively you have to hand over the payment before anything gets posted. This is fine if you are the seller, but as a buyer it would be nice to know you are not dealing with someone that may have taken the money and run in the past.

As already said, in the majority of cases it isn't a problem but it would be nice to be able to flag the 1 or 2 A**eholes that choose to abuse the trust that exists on forums like this so we can all learn from bad experiences.

Bishops Finger

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2009, 12:55:21 PM »

What about vetting potential members before a comittee before they are allowed on the forum?????

momos

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2009, 12:59:21 PM »

:hysterical:
yes they have to do a challenge aneka for the most needed part of the time

in fancy dress

hahaha

Lornaben

• Lord of the Mindy ring
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 2
  • Vehicle: CJ3B (Mindy)
    • Mahindra Register
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2009, 01:10:54 PM »

What about vetting potential members before a comittee before they are allowed on the forum?????

Now your bein silly Stew, you'd never have been allowed in  :003:

Tank

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2009, 02:02:23 PM »

Dont think most of us would have been allowed in........ :hysterical:

Bulldog67

• Arthur Daley: Graduated
  • Guru
  • Guru: -936
  • Vehicle: Man Sized Old Iron
  • Anti Colour Truck Mafia - I'm The Fuckin Daddy
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2009, 04:08:20 PM »

I have done quite a bit of buying and selling with various forum members recently and there is a large element of trust involved on the buyers part as almost exclusively you have to hand over the payment before anything gets posted. This is fine if you are the seller, but as a buyer it would be nice to know you are not dealing with someone that may have taken the money and run in the past.

As already said, in the majority of cases it isn't a problem but it would be nice to be able to flag the 1 or 2 A**eholes that choose to abuse the trust that exists on forums like this so we can all learn from bad experiences.

I would suggest that if there really is a wanker on birties that was doing shit like that, and isnt playin ball when u contact him, then you stick a post up and tell folk about yer experiences and opinions

obviously that would be infringin on his human rights, but fuck it, who cares  :003:
Bulldog's 22+ trucks: http://www.birtydastards.com/frm/index.php?topic=20288.0 :025:                                   :headbanger: 401 Dog * 401 Molotov :headbanger:  
Civilise the mind but make savage the body  :027:           Im only responsible for my karma :059:

birty

• The Big Dawg
  • Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2009, 04:24:17 PM »

making a few changes today, keep an eye on the market place
i like it best dirty

scotty

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2009, 06:01:14 PM »

Which one did you meet?

Not many people know that Panic Mechanic is actually 2 people. Panic is the nice one that is allowed to pub meets and events. :006:

And then there is The Mechanic, 6’4” about 9st, 11 fingers and a scar in his left cheek where his eye was cut out during a knife fight in Marrakech over the favours of a rabid camel. Now him you don’t want to meet. :066: :075: :027:

thats sounds just like my ex?? she may of had the op!! :greggmo:

scotty

Bulldog67

• Guru
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2009, 06:36:56 PM »

:icon_rolleyes: jeeeezuzzz not you as well, she is a dirty two timing mo'fucker  :003:
Bulldog's 22+ trucks: http://www.birtydastards.com/frm/index.php?topic=20288.0 :025:                                   :headbanger: 401 Dog * 401 Molotov :headbanger:  
Civilise the mind but make savage the body  :027:           Im only responsible for my karma :059:

Bishops Finger

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2009, 08:45:55 PM »

When can I be vetted...will it involve rubber gloves...and  :icon_rolleyes:

greggmo

• Founder
  • Forum Member
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2009, 10:51:31 PM »

dont like the idea of ratings :jpshakehead:. this aint ebay it is a jeep club and if anyone rips anyone off they can fuck off somewhere else. we help each other here.

Bishops Finger

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2009, 11:19:22 PM »

Err yup....

Lornaben

• Lord of the Mindy ring
  • Forum Member
  • Vehicle: CJ3B (Mindy)
    • Mahindra Register
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2009, 11:34:33 PM »

Joking apart,
I'm in agreement with Greg. If someone from here were to do something dodgy I would like to think they would be pointed out.

Ratings = popularity points and that breeds contempt and avarice . . . . .

Non of us walk round with 'rankings' attached to our foreheads, why would need them here ?

Rant over
Alan.

birty

• The Big Dawg
  • Forum Member
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2009, 03:53:44 PM »

we have a new Classifieds section,

now allows people to search adverts for specific items without getting hits from the rest of the forum can also be used as a stand alone site, adverts can be mailed to any email address. all adverts are free and last for 30 days, can be renewed up to 5 times.

there is no rating available with this system
i like it best dirty

Bubba

• "Cooter"
  • Marshal
  • Guru
  • Guru: 69
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2009, 06:56:40 PM »

ahh i see so you could avertise twice a sort of  mates rates deals and offers and a rest of the world price   or just an all comers thing without needin to be a birty

and yes if i thought somone was ripping a fellow birty off i would point out it out in a polite maner as did recently say on somones deal that as long as there was a replacement if faulty policy on used parts then i saw no reason for there to be a problem  i could have gone a lot more in to past reputation and that was not needed and would not be helpfull to anyone

trucks

shedric
cletus
mr whippy

I spent most of my money on alcohol, women and old  iron........ the rest of it I just wasted.

ivanidea

• Expat - Livin' the dream...
  • Admin
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 1
  • Vehicle: Jeep Wrangler JL - 2dr Willys
  • Year: 2021
  • Florida
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2009, 10:32:02 AM »

I had to register on the classifieds site since the birty details have not been copied over, but I am still waiting to receive my password.  How long should it take?

Also, when I recently asked this site to send me my password, I never received the email, and I have checked my spam filter (fortuantly I managed to remember it).
Current Jeep: 2021 Willys 2dr 3.6 Auto. Sarge Green + Tan Top.
Former Jeep (USA): 2016 Renegade 2.4L 75th Anniversary 4WD Auto.
Former Jeeps (UK): 2000 Cherokee 2.5TD Sport Manual, 2001 TJ Sport 4.0 Manual, 2008 Liberty 2.8CRD Limited Auto, 2011 JKU 2.5CRD Limited Auto.

birty

• The Big Dawg
  • Forum Member
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2009, 10:53:50 AM »

classifieds runs on its own database, we wanted to keep it separate from Birty's to encourage guests to use it and so if guests do use the classifieds we don't end up will a load of dormant unused accounts on Birtys.

as for your email, I will PM you your registered email so you can confirm its correct,
i like it best dirty

Bulldog67

• Guru
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2009, 11:48:41 AM »

So i need a new/seperate account for classified?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up