Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: heater fuel filter Cherokee xj 2.5 td  (Read 1273 times)

onoil

heater fuel filter Cherokee xj 2.5 td
« on: January 07, 2010, 06:13:43 PM »

Hello

New screen name as I forgot my old details, although Ive not been on for some time, probably as I havent owned a jeep for a while..

Anyway I now have another mk2 2.5td xj, it came without the standard heated fuel filter, replaced by a universal type for some reason. I have sourced another second hand, (probably could have bought a new one for the price), question is, I have tried testing it by connecting the 2 electrical plugs to make sure it heats ok before fitting. It appears it isnt! Unless Im doing something wrong? does the bowl need to be full of diesel? I notice there is some sort of probe/temp sensor in the bowl. Does anyone know how low the temperature has to be at this point before it operates or should it be on constantly?
Is there a way of testing it on a battery to discount any wonky wiring?
I will be filling up with rapeseed oil tomorrow so need to get it on before if possible.

The Smiths

• Forum Member
  • Guru: 1
Re: heater fuel filter Cherokee xj 2.5 td
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 06:25:49 PM »

No idea on the wiring.

But I'll say you should have saved your money and used the other, none heated one.

They probably changed it so that fuel filters only cost £2.50 rather than £17 :icon_rolleyes:
If you always do what you have always done You will always get what you have always got
Please give to our Mac4x4 fund: http://www.justgiving.com/The-Smiths-2015

onoil

Re: heater fuel filter Cherokee xj 2.5 td
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 06:35:33 PM »

yes that would make sense! better stick an inline filter in there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up